Posted on: November 22, 2021
Avangrid is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team in
their Portland, ME location.The Accounting Manager plays an
important role in the Avangrid Renewables Accounting Control
Department and is responsible for directly supporting the Director
of Accounting with special focus in non-recurrent transactions full
cycle from inception to fulfillment of all terms and conditions
including accounting impact in the different stages of the
transaction, journal entries review, generating corresponding white
paper documentation, and processes optimization. The Accounting
Manager may participate in other activities of the accounting cycle
to ensure the company's reporting and transaction deadlines are met
with accuracy and completeness in support of the Financial
Reporting department.Primary Responsibilities include, but are not
- Review and document non-recurrent transactions
- Actively search for improvements in processes where the
Accounting department interacts with other Avangrid Renewables
areas, Avangrid Control Corporate team and when necessary Iberdrola
Control team for IFRS related items.
- Review journal entries and analyze for appropriate accounting
treatment focused in non-recurrent events.
- Support the investment/divestment processes by providing timely
and accurate information for decision making and calculation of
impacts on earnings and Balance sheet.
- Coordinate with Business Performance team on monthly general
ledger closing information and documentation of non-recurrent
- Direct efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining
systems, procedures and policies for the group.
- Interact with other departments within and outside of the
Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely
fashion to inquiries related to the general ledger.
- Participate in and coordinate external and internal
- Ensure accounting processes are SOX compliant through review of
existing controls and new processes.
- Ensure compliance with Avangrid Renewables financial policies
- Adhere to effective internal controls and timely completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years proven experience in similar positions in the
industry, or public accounting relevant to job requirements.
- Sound understanding of impacts in Financial Statements
generated by Business decisions
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, including application.
- Able to work with tight and/or ambiguous deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no
- Strong accountability in works / tasks performed.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of
the corporate hierarchy on written and oral interfaces.
- General ledger experience with major accounting systems.
- Proficiency in Excel. Fluid in rest of MS Office apps.
- Experience in transformation processes.
- Eager to accept new challenges. Preference may be given to
candidates with the following:
- Power generation and power commercialization sector experience
with a focus on renewable energy generation.
- CPA license and/or graduate business degree
- Systems experience in SAP or other ERPs systems.About the
CompanyAVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading
sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in
Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations
in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business:
Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns
eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3
million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables
owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation
facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately
7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as
one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best
corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility
sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it
serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development
Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in
2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute.
For more information, visit This job has been posted by TalentBoost
on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental
principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every
prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost
not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.#TalentBoostAvangrid
Keywords: Avangrid, Portland , Accounting Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!