Freelance Public Relations Specialist (Remote)
Company: STiR-communications, LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
STiR-communications is looking for an ambitious PR and media
relations specialist to join our growing team to work with a
growing list of unique clients across sectors, including: biotech,
cyber security, franchise, real estate, retail, travel, and
more.This is a remote-work opportunity for talented public
relations freelancers and contractors with at least 3 years of
experience. Being South Florida-based is a plus, but not a
requirement.What you'll do:
- Be entrepreneurial, contribute ideas, and conceptualize story
angles for various clients.
- Turn research, trends, buzzwords, client insights, and expert
sources into story ideas.
- Take the time to research and identify the right local,
national, and industry media to target.
- Create media-savvy pitch letters and proactively pitch media
outlets and journalists.
- Draft news releases when there's actually real news and
announcements worth sharing.
- Develop additional media and client materials when needed, such
as strategic plans, creative campaigns, or guest articles.
- Act as a valuable, reliable, and timely resource for teammates,
clients, and reporters.
- Be a big part of a small team that's growing, has your back,
and values what you do.
- Kick ass, generate media coverage, learn a lot, laugh, and
enjoy what you do.What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of public relations experience with a track
record of media placements.
- Experience in writing and editing media materials, such as
pitch letters and news alerts.
- Experience in building targeted media lists filled with
relevant outlets and reporters.
- Attention to detail, an eye for grammar, and experience with AP
- An interest and ability to work on multiple B2B and B2C clients
at the same time.
- A proactive self-starter who works well independently and when
supporting team members.
- Organized, flexible, professional, and cool when sometimes
facing challenges or pressure.
- Sense of humor, an admirable work ethic, and comfortable
working remotely.To apply, please email your resume along with 1 -
2 writing samples and subsequent media coverage secured to
STiR-communicationsSTiR-communications is a business consultancy
firm that aligns communications efforts directly to clients'
business and financial goals. We are NOT your typical agency; our
advice and actions will never be timid.To know us is to love us. We
are a different type of communicator, still offering the
traditional services of strategic communications and public
relations, but with a real passion and drive for consigliere
consultancy.We are unique in that we align our campaigns with our
moral compasses, always pointed north. More than business advice
and success for clients, we believe that what is more valuable and
insightful are the intangibles intersecting in business and life.At
STiR-communications, we believe it's far more enjoyable to work
with people you like and have fun at their job. We do not take
ourselves very seriously, only the work at hand. We're inviting
ambitious fun-lovers to apply to join our flexible work
environment.Our workplace culture is built on a foundation of the
love and value we have for our employees as individuals, and we
want people to flourish through work-life balance. We've created an
environment to prosper in and strives to bless the lives of our
employees in as many ways as possible. We not only want our
employees to excel in their work; we also want them to be healthier
husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, friends, moms, and dads. -
Keywords: STiR-communications, LLC, Portland , Freelance Public Relations Specialist (Remote), Advertising , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!