Lead Security Engineer - Key Management
Posted on: January 8, 2022
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year
after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is seeking a Security Engineer to lead a new enterprise
centralized key management service offering. The role is essential
due to increased demand for Key Management Interoperability
Protocol (KMIP) compliance. KMIP is used to enable data at rest
encryption, comply with security regulations and solve encryption
requirements requested by our clients.
- Manage vendor products and their support
- Technical Design (physical/virtual, local/remote, etc.)
- Overall Architecture
- Right product selection, long term strategic outlook
- Balance of right solution & lean approach
- Product Lifecycle (tech refresh, documentation of standards,
- License Management
- Invoke via API/Workflow within pipeline - need automation
- Assignment of security officers/component holders (separation
of duties, alternate holders, quorums for manual key generation
- Key generation logs, appliance chains of custody
- Written standards/procedures for each platform
- Annual training requirements
- Coordination of PEM security stick/smart card/PED secure
storage locations (safes, mini-safes)
- Max key lifetimes
- Key rotation/purge/destruction procedures
- KMIP compliant transmission between KMS and users
- Cryptography best practice (NIST FIPS 140-2/3 regulations,
vendor recommended configurations)
- Key creation standards and procedural documentation for key
- Compliance & Controls (ongoing CIP partnership with Brent
Gottshall & Michael Celani)
- Audit alignment
- Operations Readiness
- Hardware break/fix resolution
- OS updates
- Backup/Restore capabilities
- DR & Business Continuity Assessment/Implementation
- Appliance failover plan (vs. major DR event)
- Key backups
- New use case onboarding
- Knowledgable of key management concepts, requirements, and
standards (NIST FIPS 140-2/3).
- Worked with key management/encryption devices in the past
- Can easily communicate with and learn from point solution SMEs
to understand details of their implementation as they relate to an
- Not necessarily are primarily hands-on with the devices, but
able to understand details from those who are hands on.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills to produce
professional technical standards.
- Have an enterprise view of key management across DBs, storage,
PKI, cloud, etc.
- Produce a strategic standards-based direction appropriate for
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Portland , Lead Security Engineer - Key Management, Engineering , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!