Senior Infrastructure/Network Security Engineer
Posted on: November 21, 2022
DescriptionWould you like to be a member of the information
security team serving the J.D. Power #1 ranked U.S. mail order
pharmacy for the last 4 years in a row? A mail order pharmacy
slated to double in growth over the next five years?Would you like
to be at the forefront of transforming and modernizing the
information security posture of the second largest mail order
pharmacy in the U.S. as well as its subsidiaries?If so, we would
like to talk to you about joining our team.The Senior
Infrastructure/Network Security Engineer leads and participates in
the development of enterprise-level network and infrastructure
security strategies.ResponsibilitiesThe Senior
Infrastructure/Network Security Engineer work assignments involve
moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of
situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable
- Assesses vulnerability scans within a multi-platform, large
enterprise network. Leverages results of scans to correlate
systemic issues and develop plans for remediation.
- Assesses the impact on the health system caused by theft,
destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and
reports to senior management with recommendation on how to
- Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of
networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives and
develops solutions to remediate identified threats. Ability to
report results and metrics up to higher levels.
- Manages firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise
anti-virus systems and software deployment tools/capabilities with
a focus on the identification and implementation of system
- Participates in tier III complex engineering analysis and
support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating
- Reviews, recommends and oversees the installation, modification
or replacement of hardware or software components and any
configuration changes that affect security.
- Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of
security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures.
- Primary focal point in local incident response team to contain,
investigate, and prevent future computer security breaches.
- Performs technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates
engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical
support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates complex product and software , recommends and
implements products/services for information security to include
third party, vendor managed systems, and technologiesRequired
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years experience in infrastructure/network security by
designing, installing, configuring and administering network
infrastructure and security systems
- Understanding of department, segment, and organizational
strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization
focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organization skills
- Ability to learn new technical skills, applications, and
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of information systems infrastructure and
application capabilitiesPreferred Qualifications
- Security Certification
- Experience in the healthcare industry and its applicable
- Familiarity with the engineering, deployment and maintenance of
multi-cloud security controls ensuring the security posture and
compliance stance of cloud based applications and systems.
- Familiarity with the automation of cloud security controls to
ensure threat, vulnerabilities and risk are minimized and
reduced.Additional InformationHumana and its subsidiaries require
vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit
proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who
remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID
testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or
while working in the field.Work-At-Home Requirements
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed
DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who
live and work from home in the state of California will be provided
payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10
(25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect
member PHI / HIPAA informationScheduled Weekly Hours40Humana
complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We also provide free language interpreter services. See our
Keywords: Humana, Portland , Senior Infrastructure/Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!