(Remote) VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations
Company: Silicon Beach Talent
Posted on: January 13, 2022
VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations for Eight
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we
design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission
is to make people's sleep count for more, using innovative
technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to
personalize and improve each night for everybody-changing the way
people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon
Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was
named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative
Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod.
It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and
happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great,
but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our
That's why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented VP of
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations to set a high bar with
the manufacturing, logistics and development teams working on our
next generation of sleep enhancing products.
How you'll contribute :
- Build and lead the teams that manufacture and ship a diverse
suite of HW Product Experiences at Eight (everything from complex
electro-mechanical systems, to sensor solutions to high touch soft
- Define manufacturing requirements, timelines, activities with
team leads and stakeholders.
- Prioritize customer experience, quality and time to market in
plans and execution from Concept
to Mass Production to Fulfillment.
- Foster a team culture of customer driven innovation that achieves
a high level of quality.
- Guide teams to work with engineering, suppliers, finance,
operations and logistics partners to
transition products into production for successful launches.
What you need to succeed:
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing principles and procedures of
- Is passionate about improving processes and growing capabilities
of teams and suppliers.
- Results oriented and attention to detail, highly energetic,
proactive, hands on and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a data driven
approach to decision making.
- Strong communications skills, commands good executive
- Strong leadership skills, ability to hire and retain talent.
- Ability to unblock difficult issues and drive global cross
functional teams to successful
- Experience working on-site and remotely with vendors in Asia.
- BSME, BSEE or equivalent. MS preferred.
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
--- We're a tight-knit, passionate team that's working to impact
people's lives by improving the way they sleep
--- Leadership is committed to employees' wellness and career
--- You'll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time
employees receive the Pod --- Unlimited PTO
--- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision
--- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community
different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer,
we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can
flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: Silicon Beach Talent, Portland , (Remote) VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!