Manager - Decedent Affairs-Medical Regulatory Affairs
Company: Maine Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
22 Bramhall St.
The manager of Decedent Affairs plays a pivotal role in the
technical and administrative activities of post-mortem decedent
care. They facilitate the allocation of resources and help organize
autopsy suite and support services. He/She is a vital link between
clients, next of kin, Maine Medical Center staff and Spectrum
pathology staff, Medical Examiner, funeral homes, and New England
Organ Bank providing clinical and procedural information as
appropriate. Essential roles include:
* Oversight and maintenance of Post Mortem (PM) workflow, Maine
Medical Center electronic registry, Department of Vital Statistics
* Refine processes and facilitate Health information management PM
form completion including fetal death certificates, dispositions
autopsy/donation consent forms.
* Train personnel on morgue and autopsy equipment to maintain
competencies and regulatory compliance.
* Coordinate PM processes with Maine Medical Center and outside
* Mentoring, coaching and supervision of Decedent Affairs
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Knowledge of anatomic pathology laboratory functions,
practices and procedures and/or funeral service and mortuary
science is strongly preferred. Baccalaureate degree in Biological
sciences, Medical Technology, Histotechnology, Cytology or an
equivalent is preferred. Associate's degree is required.
* License/Certifications: Certification by a recognized
professional laboratory organization (e.g. CAP) or in funeral
services/ mortuary science is preferred. Registered nurses
* Experience: An in-depth knowledge of laboratory operations,
funeral services, and personnel management acquired through
two-three years of progressive laboratory, clinical or funeral home
experience is recommended.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of management theory and
functions in order to effectively assign and review the work of
* Able to contribute to establishing department administrative
policies. Able to organize and prioritize assigned work, meet
deadlines and manages multiple tasks as required, working well
under stressful conditions. Able to resolve problems in a timely
and professional manner.
* Demonstrates effective leadership and supervisory skills,
providing direction, support and appropriate training to staff.
Ability to motivate and create an effective team environment.
Ability to address employee issues in a timely and professional
* Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as
Keywords: Maine Health, Portland , Manager - Decedent Affairs-Medical Regulatory Affairs, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!