Manager - Indirect Tax - Renewables
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Avangrid is looking for a Manager - Indirect Tax - Renewablesto
join their team in Portland, ME.
The Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for leading and
supporting a team of tax professionals focused on planning, risk
mitigation and effective administration of taxes other than income
and payroll for our US businesses. The successful candidate will
bring multi-state tax technical expertise for a variety of tax
types and an innovative mindset for supporting a rapidly evolving
business including being a key liaison for our offshore wind
business. This role will develop partnerships with key stakeholders
across the organization to help drive process improvement while
supporting business growth and will provide tactical leadership,
monitoring and coaching while driving the implementation of tools
and process enhancements designed to positively impact how the team
is able to deliver for the business operations across the United
A key feature of the role will be to assist the Tax Director with
initiatives to strengthen working relationships and translate the
knowledge held across the business into the tax teams strategies to
evolve processes for all areas of indirect tax administration. The
ideal candidate will be an experienced problem solver with
excellent communication and leadership skills who has successfully
led a dispersed team. Experience with the energy industry,
construction, credits/incentives, or renewable energy is a
- Liaise with cross function teams across the Global Business to
facilitate decisions and quantify project tax risks and
- Support and challenge tax team to achieve business objectives
and leverage emerging technologies to help deliver process
improvements and automations.
- Inspire a performance culture via an environment of
accountability for delivering results, supporting growth, and
- Prioritize work and deliver results whilst managing multiple
stakeholders and competing demands within a rapidly changing
- Oversee the execution of the complete tax process ensuring
timely reporting, reconciliation, accounting, and payment
administration for property taxes, sales use tax, gross receipts
tax and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Research and analysis of tax laws, regulations, rulings, court
cases to support business growth and risk mitigation.
- Create and manage processes to ensure that knowledge and best
practices are established for US projects including advising and
supporting efforts to navigate available exemption and incentive
- Participate in special projects and guide the company on
- Provides tax-related guidance for budgeting, and legislative
- Oversee administration of tax appeals and audits.Job
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax and 10+ years
relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. CPA, MBA, MST a plus.
- Prior Indirect Tax management experience.
- Ability to articulate complex tax concepts to a variety of
audiences and at all levels of organization
- Forward looking with a holistic approach and a track record of
innovation and problem solving.
- Ability to be adaptable and thrive in a demanding, rapidly
changing business environment.
- Leader capable of translating business knowledge and concerns
to team to foster growth and effective process improvement.
- Knowledge of multi-state property tax, sales use tax, gross
receipts tax or miscellaneous taxes. Experience with customs and/or
duties a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting. IFRS GAAP a
- Develop Self Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Business Global View
- Team Management
- Innovation and InventivenessAbout the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable
energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT
with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the Worlds Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid.
TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal
opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current
employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based
on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion,
creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or
Keywords: Avangrid, Portland , Manager - Indirect Tax - Renewables, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!