Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. Job SummaryWorking closely with the Club Manager, the
Fresh Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction
within the club and driving club performance, particularly for the
departments that he/she directly manages. - Responsible for leading
the fresh departments, establishing operational efficiencies,
maintaining policies and procedures. Leadership:
- Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking
and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of
- Lead through change. - Model leadership competencies to build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require
to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
- Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures, and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. - - Lead with the team
member and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate
any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. -
Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain maintained
Know Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance.
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity.
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics.
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targets. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Ensures operational efficiencies, processes, and productivity
standards are executed with 100% adherence to established SOP
within the bakery, deli, produce, and prepared food departments.
Utilize Player Lync to assist with training and merchandising
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors
- With the club management team, responsible for achieving
financial targets including sales, profit, and performance. Reviews
budgets, plans and P&L to ensure achievement of key targets
relative to sales, perishable penetration, profits, and
- Manages all fresh department team members and holds department
meetings to update team members on club policies and
- Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations, of Fresh departments (produce, deli, bakery, and
prepared foods) within the club. May be required to perform daily
hands-on tasks to validate and train newly hired team members.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to Home Office or Club Manager
- Responsible for the effective communication of departmental
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members, club
management and club support teams.
- Maintains deep knowledge of club policies and procedures within
the department and across all areas of the club. - Provides
leadership and direction to deli clerks, bakery clerks, produce
clerks and prepared foods team members within the club.
- Directly manages and assesses Team Member performance, provides
actionable feedback and coaches, teaches, and develops talent. -
Assists in hiring, training and performance management of all deli,
bakery, produce and prepared food team members. -Ensuring
departments are properly staffed.
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting
programs and achieves sales targets while effectively managing
waste. - Drives daily utilization and adherence to production tools
- Leads deli, bakery, produce and prepared food team members to
validate and ensure that all sanitation, food safety and safety
policies and procedures are in place and being effectively
- Reviews forecasting, ordering, and replenishment of fresh
product and supplies. Manages monthly inventory process and
- Validates that team members are following proper processes and
items are weighed and priced accurately.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Maintains the proper rotation of received goods.
- Ensures that departments are merchandised ensuring
- Receives and inspects fresh shipments. Ensures fresh freezers
and coolers are neat and organized. - All fresh shelves and display
cases are stocked.
- Responsible for the execution of all deli, bakery, produce, and
prepared food related merchandising directives and sales
- Continually monitors member service levels, answers member
questions, recommends fresh items, and ensures an outstanding
service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
equipment, furniture, and fixtures within the fresh departments.
Responsible for ensuring that equipment outages are properly
escalated and addressed.
- Monitors BJ's MY WORK to ensure that all Home Office tasks, and
product liabilities are actioned within compliance and in a timely
manner. - Reviews and understands the fresh notes and tools.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job Qualifications
- Previous fresh department work experience required.
- SERV Safe certification may be required.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including driving team
member engagement, managing/supervising cross-functional teams,
training team members, and driving and communicating results. -
Able to own and deliver against strategic initiatives and
- Committed to driving outstanding service to all Members.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age. Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Portland , Fresh Manager, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!