Production Manager - UniFirst
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our Production Managers Are Kind of a Big Deal!
Are you a proactive and motivated leader? If so, UniFirst would
love to speak with you about our Production Manager role! This
position is an integral leader within the UniFirst business unit.
You will work closely with the General Manager on business
planning, process improvements, safety initiatives, and employee
relations improvements. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week,
enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and
provide on the job training.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing,
Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid
Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30%
Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to
different areas of production. Cross training enhances their
performance and assists them with their career potential and
Work Life Balance:
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our
managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different
cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity
makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture
where everyone feels welcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that the UniFirst Quality Policy becomes part of the
Production Department "Culture" and ISO certification
- Participate in and supporting the determination, education and
implementation of guiding principles to the UniFirst Mission
Statement and strategic plan
- Ensure that the customer/supplier requirements shall be
communicated throughout the Production Department and with other
departments of the Corporation
- Conduct performance appraisals and counsel departmental
- Maximize divisional profits to provide short and long-term
- Participate in attainment of divisional growth goals for
customer retention and provide quality products and a
well-maintained facility which will enhance our reputation
- Manage departmental activities regarding safety, health, and
environmental issues to ensure that proper consideration is given
to corporate policy and federal, state, and local regulations
- Manage inventory and purchasing
- Ensure maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of the building
and all its equipment
- Hire, lead, and develop a successful team
- Follow all safety policies, HACCP and medical guidelines.
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate background or equivalent
- 3-5 years in a managerial role preferred
- Experience with a quality management system
- Experience with a maintenance management system
- Familiar with Windows Operating systems Excel, Word, and
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record is
- Must meet DOT physical qualifications
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture
where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking
advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar
garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team
partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout
the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of
Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and
recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies"
list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's
never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
need accommodation for any part of the application process because
of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to or
call to let us know the nature of your request.
Keywords: UniFirst, Portland , Production Manager - UniFirst, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!