Food Beverage Manager - Cross Insurance Arena
Posted on: November 21, 2022
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply
now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the
application process on the follow-up screen.OverviewJOB SUMMARYThe
Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the effective management
of venue concessions operations including inventory controls,
product ordering, training new employees, cash controls, compliance
with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service,
employee/volunteer training and supervision, warehouse oversight,
troubleshooting, closing duties, event planning support, food
preparation and production, and any other tasks assigned by the
DFB. The Food & Beverage Manager must be able to provide a high
level of event oversight, technical proficiency and
operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth operation of the
Arena & Concessions Dept.The Food & Beverage Manager will actively
supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in
meeting company quality standards, and may initiate or recommend
employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension,
discipline, promotion and transfer. The FBM will provide oversight
and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues.
Actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations
to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work
environment.This is a key position for the effective and profitable
operation of the business including large volume sales and large
volume ordering. The employee must maintain excellent attendance
and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule including
evenings and weekends. Flexible availability, professional
presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and
strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude are required.OVG360, a
division of Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management
company that is making a positive disruption in the live
entertainment and hospitality industry. OVG360 helps
client-partners reimagine the sports, live entertainment, and
convention industries for the betterment of the venue, employees,
artists, athletes, and surrounding communities.With a portfolio of
more than 200 client-partners spanning arenas, stadiums, convention
centers, performing arts centers, cultural institutions, and state
fairs around the globe. Learn more at
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring a staff of
part time employees and initiating employee discipline as required.
Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance
and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and
- Ensure proper set-up of all concession's locations prior to
doors. Set-up duties may include: verifying opening inventory,
assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer),
ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location
is fully operational, ascertaining levels of food production based
upon projected guest attendance has been met; assuring that SL or
NFP Stand Leader has followed proper procedures for distribution
and handling of cash.
- Provide a high level of oversight and operational expertise
resulting in the smooth, efficient and profitable execution of
- Ability to oversee a large volume of inventory, order product,
and manage high volume sales.
- Manage and run all venue concessions operations before, during
and after the event. Duties include staff scheduling, employee
check-in, equipment inspection, POS monitoring and troubleshooting,
guest complaint resolution, training, food production, clean-up,
post-event reconciliation and reporting, and any other duties as
assigned by the DFB.
- Training new & current employees with regarding to property
procedure & best practices.
- Willing to cover / back-up any open position to assure location
is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of
service and guest satisfaction are met; assist with Premium
Services operations and event needs, as directed.
- Provide direction and oversight to Concessions Supervisors,
Stand Managers, Concession Cooks, and Cashiers. Ensure that all
State / Federal, OVG and IEC policies, procedures and practices are
adhered to, including compliance with alcohol distribution /
service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety
policies and procedures. Report any alcohol service or other
compliance issues to DFB immediately.
- Complete post-event evaluations, data compilation, tracking of
monetary and product shortages, generating reports; serves as a
resource for POS applications and training.
- Ensure work environment is safe and free from harassment or
discrimination; immediately address all safety concerns, potential
hazards, accidents or incidents. Relays safety/health issues to
- Ensure event staff and volunteers are aware of work place
expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring
to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and
cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with
staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through
repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of all existing concession
locations: geographical locations, equipment, evacuation
procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas and facility
- Overall management of catering, concessions, and food and
beverage operations including: interviewing, hiring, scheduling,
ordering, inventory, labor costs and equipment maintenance.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets,
projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital
investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control,
P&L financial statements.
- Responsible for completion and updating of administrative
paperwork associated with events, i.e. diagrams, reports,
timelines, and side-work assignments.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work
- Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean
- Leads F&B team with project including training, inventory,
and special events.
- Enforces all OVG policies and procedures.
- Practices excellent Human Resources skills regarding
employee/volunteer relations, corrective action, coaching and
counselling employees and completes all necessary HR related
- All other duties as assigned by General Manager, Assistant
General Manager and Director of Food & Beverage
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or greater in Culinary Management,
Business Management, or related field; along with two or more
years' experience in Concessions Management, other Food & Beverage
Management, or related experience.
- Degree requirement may be substituted for four or more years'
experience in Concessions Supervision, Food & Beverage Management
or related position.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft
office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Experience training new employees and volunteers
- Nationally recognized food service sanitation training course
- Nationally recognized alcohol service training course
- Advanced knowledge of inventory procedures and controls
- Experience ordering product for a high-volume venue or
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers,
management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous
manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e.
regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond
to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event)
quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced,
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation
requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service
policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to OVG and IEC
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate
to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of
integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
Keywords: AEG, Portland , Food Beverage Manager - Cross Insurance Arena, Executive , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!