Clinical Nurse (RN) - Special Care Unit - SCU *Temporary*
Company: Maine Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2020
SUMMARY This is a temporary labor pool position to supplement
the Special Care Unit Staff during this temporary COVID Surge.
* This position is normally scheduled 12 hour shifts (day or night
* We are seeking availability of a minimum of 2 shifts per week,
with flexibility to start ASAP and continue through to at least mid
July (opportunity may continue beyond that time).
* Position Summary
* The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission,
vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors:
excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient
and family centered care, commitment to our community, and
accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing
practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of
both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the
Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome
identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and
evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and
coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial
contact with the health care system and may continue across the
continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient,
ambulatory, and/or community basis.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
Must matriculate to a BSN program within one year of hire with
completion attained within five years of hire.
* License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
* Experience: Minimum of one year of prior ICU, IMC or PACU RN
experience is required. 3+ years preferred.
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing
environment for patients and families.
* Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to care
for most patient populations on the unit.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively
with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving
patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a
Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to
seeking advancement to Level III.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws
prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
or veteran status.
Keywords: Maine Medical Center, Portland , Clinical Nurse (RN) - Special Care Unit - SCU *Temporary*, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!