Clinical Nurse (RN) - Operating Room/Surgery
Company: Maine Medical Center
Posted on: October 14, 2020
For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus for
all eligible experienced Nurses!
* Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or
Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater
than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount
prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
* Bonus is paid out in 3 installments - First month of employment,
completion of one year of employment and completion of 2nd year of
employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem
hires are ineligible.
* Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former
MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months
separation from employment.
* Position Summary
* We are a Level 1 trauma center with 29 Operating Rooms. We offer
a fast paced, exciting team environment. Opportunity to work in
many different surgical specialties such cardiac, thoracic,
vascular, ortho trauma/total joints, neurosurgery, ENT, general,
trauma, GU, and pediatrics. New technology advancements in all
specialties. We offer 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts. This opening is
for experienced Operating Room RN's/
Interested in taking your RN career into the OR - We offer an 8
month internship in February and July. Internship includes
didactic, clinical, and peri-op 101. Please watch for these
positions to be posted in December.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision,
and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence,
competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family
centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In
accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within
the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical
Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is
responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification,
planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the
effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient
and family care begins with the initial contact with the health
care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be
provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is
preferred.Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire with
completion attained within 5 years of hire.
* License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
* Experience: Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I.
Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
Prior Operating Room RN experience is required.
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing
environment for patients and families.
* Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to care
for most patient populations on the unit.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively
with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving
patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a
Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to
seeking advancement to Level III.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws
prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
or veteran status.
Keywords: Maine Medical Center, Portland , Clinical Nurse (RN) - Operating Room/Surgery, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!