Clinical Nurse II (RN) - Cardio-Thoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU)
Company: Maine Medical Center
Posted on: November 20, 2020
FOR A LIMITED TIME MMC IS OFFERING UP TO $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR
ALL ELIGIBLE EXPERIENCED NURSES!
* Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or
Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater
than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount
prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
* Bonus is paid out in three installments - First month of
employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of
2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires,
per diem hires are ineligible.
* Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former
MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months
separation from employment.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision,
and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence,
competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family
centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In
accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within
the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical
Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is
responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification,
planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the
effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient
and family care begins with the initial contact with the health
care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be
provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining
completion within five years of hire.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current license to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
* EXPERIENCE: Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I.
Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing
environment for patients and families.
* Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to care
for most patient populations on the unit.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively
with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving
patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a
Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to
seeking advancement to Level III.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws
prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
or veteran status.
Keywords: Maine Medical Center, Portland , Clinical Nurse II (RN) - Cardio-Thoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU), Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!