Clinical Nurse II (RN) - Surgical Oncology
Company: Maine Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus
for all eligible experienced Nurses!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or
Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater
than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount
prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Bonus is paid out in 3 installments - First month of
employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of
2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires,
per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former
MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months
separation from employment.
- Position SummaryThe Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical
Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following
behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation,
respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our
community, and accountability. In accordance with national
standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and
policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine
State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for
assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning,
implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of
nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family
care begins with the initial contact with the health care system
and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on
an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Experience: Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I.
Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Demonstrates a caring nursing practice and promotes a healing
environment for patients and families.
- Demonstrates the required knowledge and technical skills to
care for most patient populations on the unit.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively
with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving
patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a
Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to
seeking advancement to Level III.Location: MaineHealth -- Nursing
Medical R4Schedule: Full Time, Rotating (Day/Night), 36
Keywords: Maine Medical Center, Portland , Clinical Nurse II (RN) - Surgical Oncology, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!