Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Evenings FullTime
Company: Seaside Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Imagine waking up to a stunning view of Portland's Back Bay,
surrounded by the feeling of safety and comfort. Set back just
yards from Baxter Boulevard, Seaside Skilled Rehabilitation Center
is that perfect place. We strive to make sure all our residents
have a positive, well-rounded environment, uniquely balanced
between professional rehabilitation services and thoughtful
support. We like to think of ourselves as a small, intimate
community uniquely positioned to care for the needs of Maine
people. Learn more about us here:
https://seaside-healthcare.com/POSITION SUMMARY:As part of a strong
clinical team, providing amazing care and service to our Residents
is the primary responsibility of our CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
(CNA).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:To be successful in this job, each
individual must be able to perform each essential duty.Essential
- Work as part of a clinical team that examines and treats
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language at the 8th Grade Level.
- Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport
residents, alone or with assistance, to maintain our patient's skin
- Observe residents' conditions, measuring and recording food and
liquid intake and output and vital signs, and report changes to
- Collect specimens such as urine, feces, or sputum.
- Explain medical instructions to residents and family
- Administer medications and treatments, such as
catheterizations, suppositories, irrigations, enemas, massages, and
douches, as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Answer residents' needs as indicated by call lights.
- Provide residents with help walking, exercising, and moving in
and out of bed.
- Must be able to assist residents with baths, showers, personal
grooming, feeding, and toileting.
- Bathe, groom, shave, dress, or drape patients to prepare them
for treatment, or examination.
- Transport residents for treatment, using a wheelchair or
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Prepare, serve, and collect food trays, ensuring Resident's
health and safety by following dietary guidelines and food/feeding
- Clean rooms and change linens.
- Deliver messages, documents, and specimens.
- Answer phones and direct visitors.
- Maintain inventory by storing, preparing, sterilizing, and
issuing supplies such as dressing packs and treatment trays.
- Perform clerical duties such as processing documents and
detailing residents' condition through documentation in our
Electronic Medical Record.SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree
- Experience: None required; we are happy to train new CNA
- Computer Skills: Must be able interact our computer-based
Electronic Medical Record.
- Certificates and Licenses: Must be a graduate of a
state-approved CNA program and on the Maine CNA Registry.
- Attendance: Able to work scheduled shifts, committing to being
there for your team and Residents.We are an equal opportunity
employer.All job offers are contingent upon receiving excellent
references and passing the Maine State Background Check.
Keywords: Seaside Rehabilitation, Portland , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Evenings FullTime, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!