Critical Need: General Surgeons - Maine
Company: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Surgery-General opening in Portland, Maine. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Overview
At the forefront of innovation in a wide range of surgical
procedures, the U.S. Army is an ideal choice for general surgeons
who not only want to advance their careers but also want to advance
the practice of surgery. From groundbreaking work in regenerative
medicine to the development of 3-D anatomical models to aid in
surgical pre- and post-op planning, the surgical advancements being
pioneered right now by the U.S. Army Medical Department are
improving outcomes for their patients and changing the practice of
- Examine, diagnose and treat or prescribe course of treatment
and surgery for patients with injuries or disorders with surgical
conditions, and perform required surgery.
- Provide consultation and advice to the command and staff
regarding surgical matters.
- Conduct and supervise direct patient care, and plan and execute
disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercise command of medical units as provided by law and
- Perform special staff functions in health support for
commanders at all levels.
- Conduct medical research on diseases of military importance,
and conduct, supervise and participate in graduate medical
education and training of other medical personnel needed to sustain
a robust and readily available medical system. Unique duty
positions include: Chief, Department of Surgery; Surgical
Consultant; Medical School Faculty Appointment.
As a General Surgeon, you have two distinct career options with the
U.S. Army offering substantial benefits: Reservist (part-time) and
Active Duty (full-time). A Reservist career places you in the
driver's seat allowing you more control of managing your time,
location, and career progression. An Active Army career comes with
a career management team ensuring that you have opportunities to
excel to include assignments that will propel you beyond your peers
with no overhead costs including malpractice insurance.
As a Reservist and in Residency, you are eligible to receive:
- A monthly stipend of nearly $2,400 while enrolled in an
accredited residency program.
- Up to $250,000 in qualifying loan repayment (up to $40,000
maximum per year) upon completing two years of qualified
- $75,000 Annual Bonus elected for 3 or 4 years.
- Low-cost medical care for you and your family.
- Additionally, the Army will not require any time of you away
from your Residency.
After Residency, you will serve with a Reserve unit in your
community. You will:
- Receive drill pay.
- Continued medical coverage for you and your family.
- Remaining loan repayment.
- Opportunities for travel in support of humanitarian
- Serve an estimated 36 days per year with possible schedule
If you want more than a part-time career in uniform, an Active Duty
- A $400,000 signing bonus paid over a 4-year Active Duty
- Up to $120,000 in qualifying loan repayment.
- Pay commensurate with a Captain (CPT/O-3) rank (or higher based
on your experience).
- Travel opportunities to include humanitarian missions.
- Potential for overseas assignments (Germany, Italy, Hawaii to
name a few).
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually.
- A military retirement system.
- No-cost medical care for you and your family and low-cost
I highly encourage you to reach out to discuss what the Army has to
offer. We are not a hard sell team and love to talk about the Army
Medical mission and what it can offer you. We can put you in touch
with current serving and practicing physicians that can provide you
with their experiences and relevant advice. Incentives presented
are subject to change in amount and availability. Keyphrases:
general surgery jobs, surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, general surgeon
jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic
surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs, thoracic
cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon
jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, colo rectal surgeon
jobs, colo rectal surgery jobs, neuro surgeon jobs, neuro surgery
jobs, oral plastic surgery jobs, oral plastic surgeon jobs,
pediatric oral surgery jobs, pediatric oral surgeon jobs, dental
oral surgery jobs, dentist oral surgeon jobs, dentist oral surgery
jobs, maxillofacial oral surgeon jobs, maxillofacial oral surgery
jobs, oral maxillofacial surgeon jobs, oral maxillofacial surgery
jobs, cardio thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs,
cardio vascular surgeon jobs, pediatric vascular surgeon jobs,
pediatric vascular surgery jobs, surg tech jobs, surgery tech jobs,
surgical tech jobs, gynecologic surgery jobs, surgical jobs
Keywords: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company, Portland , Critical Need: General Surgeons - Maine, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!