Preventive Medicine Physician Army Medical Department - Maine
Company: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Preventive Medicine opening in Portland, Maine. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
As a preventive medicine officer on the U.S. Army health care team,
you'll plan, coordinate and direct a program to maintain health,
improve physical fitness, and prevent disease and injury. U.S. Army
Reserve health care team responsibilities include creating,
implementing and overseeing programs that improve physical fitness,
prevent disease and reduce injury.
- Determine status of and conditions influencing health of
military and appropriate private sector personnel, and formulate
and recommend measures for health improvements.
- Conduct and supervise direct patient care, and plan and execute
disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercise command of medical units as provided by law and
- Perform special staff functions in combat health support for
commanders at all levels.
- Conduct medical research on diseases of military importance,
and conduct, supervise and participate in graduate medical
education and training of other medical personnel needed to sustain
a robust and readily available medical system.
Unique duty positions include: Chief, Preventive Medicine
Service/Division; Preventive Medicine Consultant; Medical School
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an
accredited U.S. School of Medicine or Osteopathy; foreign graduates
may apply with permanent certificates from the Educational Council
of Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States,
District of Columbia or Puerto Rico.
- Eligibility for board certification.
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical
- Completion of a training program in preventive
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (may be eligible for
- U.S. Citizenship.
- In addition to the above qualifications, permanent U.S.
residency is required for Reserve officers.
- May be eligible for bonus.
- Low-cost medical care for you and your family.
- Receive drill pay.
- Up to $250,000 in qualifying loan repayment (up to $40,000
maximum per year) upon completing necessary required
- Opportunities for travel in support of humanitarian
- Serve an estimated 36 days per year with possible schedule
- May also be eligible for bonus.
- Up to $120,000 in qualifying loan repayment.
- Pay commensurate with a Captain (CPT/O-3) rank (or higher based
on your experience).
- Travel opportunities to include humanitarian missions.
- Potential for overseas assignments (Germany, Italy, Hawaii to
name a few).
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually.
- A military retirement system.
- No-cost medical care for you and your family and low-cost
I highly encourage you to reach out to discuss what Army Medicine
has to offer. We are not a hard sell team and love to talk about
the Army Medical mission and what it can provide you. We can put
you in touch with current serving and practicing physicians that
can share with you their experiences and relevant advice.
Incentives presented are subject to change in amount and
availability and based on FY21 approved incentives.
Keywords: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company, Portland , Preventive Medicine Physician Army Medical Department - Maine, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!