Nursing Unit Secretary - Nephrology/Urology
Posted on: November 24, 2022
R5 cares for patients with chronic multi-system disease processes
with an emphasis on nephrology and urology, providing specialized
patient and family care to renal transplant recipients and living
donors. Patient populations include adults and older adults with
common diagnostic categories including Acute Kidney Injury,
End-Stage Renal Disease, Diabetes, Infectious Diseases, Urological
disorders and Urological surgeries.
**No Experience Necessary
This position provides a supportive customer focused introduction
to Maine Medical Center. Work includes continuous professional
interaction with customers while providing full clinical support.
Work performed requires decision making, prioritizing, resource
allocation and communication skills. The NUS is an essential member
of the Maine Medical Center healthcare team that directs the flow
of the unit in conjunction with lead positions to support a safe
patient and family centered care environment.
Schedule: 3pm-11:30pm with an every third weekend requirement on
Saturday and Sunday
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Customer Service Classes. Medical Terminology /NUS
- License/Certifications: Medical Terminology /NUS Course
- Experience: 1 year of secretarial experience. Requires
experience with interpersonal skills and judgment necessary to
gather and exchange information with a variety of internal and
external customers in order to respond to patients, visitors and
staff in a professional manner while possessing a positive
attitude, high energy level, and the ability to respond and act
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- Knowledge of policies and procedures, current initiatives and
organizational structure of the unit, Department of Nursing and
Maine Medical Center.
- Accountability, accuracy, time management, independent
thinking. Discretion, judgment and a working knowledge of medical
terminology is required.
- Ability to remain impartial while facilitating initial issues,
complaints and problems in a high level stress
- Basic working knowledge of all standard office equipment and
including operations and multiple computer system
- Including but not limited to phone skills, filing, patient
chart maintenance, supply ordering, PC skills and applications and
systems, data collection, and varieties of patient
- Ability to perform role in high stress, high volume producing
environment with multiple stimuli.
Additional Information Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated
700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's
largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers
outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in
Keywords: MaineHealth, Portland , Nursing Unit Secretary - Nephrology/Urology, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!