Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Med Surg Unit - P4C
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Summary For a limited time MaineHealth is offering sign on
bonuses for Clinical Nursing Assistants (CNA):
- 0-1 years of experience eligible for $2,500 (full
- 1+ years of experience eligible for $4,000 (full time)
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or
Part time CNA position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires,
per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former
MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months
separation from employment.
This 17-bed true Medical Surgical unit (P4C) is adding clinical
talent to their thriving team. To be part of the nursing group on
this unit a candidate must be focused on outstanding patient care,
team communication, and their drive to excel not only a member of
our organization, but also as an individual.
This unit consists of new and experienced CNAs. The diversity and
inclusion of experience, skillsets, and backgrounds on this unit
offers unending learning opportunities every day to those who have
chosen to join this team.
Patients cared for on this unit are primarily surgical patients
which specialties include joints (hips, knees, shoulders),
vascular, bariatric, minor neurological and gastrointestinal
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurses and
according to defined policies and procedures, performs various
service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and
assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily
living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment.
Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific
patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in continuing education relative to
role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing
Assistant by the State of Maine and be on the State of Maine
Registry, having completed a six-week or equivalent
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow
oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and
maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors,
and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational
structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical
Additional Information Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated
700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's
largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers
outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in
Keywords: MaineHealth, Portland , Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Med Surg Unit - P4C, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!