Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Cardiac Care Unit, R9
Posted on: January 23, 2023
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering sign on bonuses for
Clinical Nursing Assistants (CNA):
- 0-1 years of experience eligible for $2,500 (full
- 1+ years of experience eligible for $4,000 (full time)
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or
Part time CNA position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires,
per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former
MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months
separation from employment.
R-9 West is a 24-bed Patient Care Unit, treating adults and
patients with acute medical cardiology conditions; Post carotid,
coronary, iliac and renal interventional procedure care and ECG
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurses and according to
defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties
and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting
patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living.
Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of
the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in ongoing education relative to role
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing
Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine
- Experience: CNA experience 0-6 months. On-the-job training
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and
maintain courteous relationship with patients, families, visitors
and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe
and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally
acquired through a high school education.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational
structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical
Additional Information Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated
700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's
largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers
outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in
Keywords: MaineHealth, Portland , Clinical Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Cardiac Care Unit, R9, Healthcare , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!