Posted on: January 26, 2023
Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including free medical
Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!Located in the
historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street
is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that
includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to
promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older
people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs
and services in an urban, residential setting.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a cook you will prepare and serve a wide
variety of foods for regular and modified diets for residents while
complying with all State and Federal regulations and the
Regulations Governing the Licensing and Functioning of Assisted
- Prepare food by maintaining nutrition and presentation
standards and following preparation procedures as directed by the
Executive Chef, Dining Service Director, or Lead Cook.
- Prepare and serve food for regular and modified diets.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of food and beverages for
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the
kitchen and food storage areas on assigned shift.
- Assure that appropriate alternate choices of meals are
available to residents upon request.
- Oversee the serving line they are responsible for.
- Conducts daily shift pre-meal menu review as needed.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant
HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.ADDITIONAL
- Project a positive image of the organization at all times.
- Avoid waste of resident and facility resources.
- Work cooperatively and productively with coworkers.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect,
support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street
community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas,
perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse
and inclusive community.
- Follow safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly,
according to policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- One year of cooking experience, preferably in a health care
- Sanitation course certification preferred.
- Under the overall direction of the Executive Chef, must be able
to work independently.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with people
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations.
- Flexible with work schedule; willing to work evenings, weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle.Benefits: Excellent
benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision,
403(b), flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long
and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and
generous earned time. Excellent working environment.
Keywords: Avesta, Portland , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!