Human Resources Associate
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Our client, based in Greater Portland, is seeking a Human
Resources Associate to join their growing organization. The Human
Resources Associate works directly with the Human Resources Manager
to ensure that all human resource processes and payroll functions
for the organization are carried out in a timely manner to ensure
compliance. This role plays a key role in the organization's human
capital management strategy by supporting the human resource
functions, including but not limited to recruiting, on-boarding,
compensation & benefits strategies, and record keeping. Primary Job
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): Human Resource
- Processes all aspects of employee information from initial hire
process to termination including timekeeping and benefits carrier
systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Coordinates and tracks all components of new hire training
along with maintaining ongoing professional development tracks for
each department by utilizing the company's Learning Management
System (LMS) in Paylocity.
- Works with HR Manager and department managers to implement
recruitment strategies and interview process; tracks status of
candidates and follows-up as appropriate.
- Manages new hire on-boarding, including orientation, new hire
paperwork, and initiating reference and background checks,
coordinates new hire photos for website in conjunction with
- Participates in various HR workflows (such as but not limited
to I-9 forms, EEO tracking, employee benefit program, workers
compensation claims, unemployment forms, COBRA administration,
etc.) by compiling, filing, and distributing appropriate electronic
and physical paperwork.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process,
including 360 reviews.
- Provides administrative support with the open enrollment
process including answering day-to-day employee questions.
- Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a
designated areas within established timeframes.
- Coordinates/organizes company-wide social events and
- Oversees administration of the company's uniform program.
- Performs additional tasks as needed.Payroll functions
- Conducts all aspects of bi-weekly payroll process with
oversight and input from HR Manager; includes reviewing/importing
hours from timekeeping system, administering regulatory
requirements (i.e., garnishments, tax levies, and support
- Implements and maintains payroll best practices to improve
efficiency; consults with HR Manager to improve payroll and HRIS
- Initiates onboarding events and ensures new hire information is
complete in advance of start date.
- Responds to all unemployment, VOE claims in timely manner.
- Maintains employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and
HR requirements.Position Requirements/Expectations
- Three plus years of human resources experience; including
payroll processing (experience with Paylocity is a plus)
- Commitment to payroll best practices and regulations including
knowledge of payroll law/regulations
- Exercises sound judgment and exhibits strong decision-making
and problem-solving skills
- Displays exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership
skills, with particular attention to confidentiality
- Always interacts with employees in a positive and helpful
- Promotes company policies and procedures by leading by
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in a fast-paced
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally
with a diverse team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must be detailed-oriented individual
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation
- Must have the ability to stay focused in an extremely
active/open office environment
Keywords: ProSearch, Portland , Human Resources Associate, Human Resources , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!