Full-Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Company: Questar Assessment Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Full-Stack Software Engineer
It was recently announced that our Questar team will be joining
forces with NWEA's state division in early 2022, see the press
We are excited to join forces in the mission of partnering to help
all kids learn. Learn how this role can make a difference in the
work we do with K-12 assessments!
Bridging learning and accountability - we put children at the
center of our assessments. Focused to the art and science of the
educational assessment, a rewarding career awaits your skills to
help us deliver valuable customer solutions through innovative
Interested in helping to modernize K-12 educational assessments
with innovative technology?
The Software Engineer is a mid-level full-stack developer working
on Questar's multi-platform code bases. You will be implementing
new features, maintaining existing code and refactoring existing
code across the breadth of products used both internally and
customer facing at Questar Assessment, Inc.
Questar's code base primarily includes some Amazon Web Services
(Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, API Gateways), ASP.NET Restful APIs,
is currently under source control using Git repositories.
This is the opportunity to advance your engineering experience and
be involved with the transformation and modernization of our Test
Delivery system. As such, you will be able to contribute to the
future architecture of our product, become involved with its
development while also continuing to support the existing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code-review and working with a team of other developers
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to collaborate on
requirement or code
- Develop code to support online testing to students across the
- Develop clean code that utilizes proven design pattern in a
test-driven development environment
- Enforce and adhere to Questar's Gitflow source control
- Assist with and support product releases and hotfix.
- During live production activities respond to client support and
customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot and solve
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and
timelines to client-facing program management teams
- 3+ years of full-stack software development work experience
required as outlined below:
- Experience with AWS utilizing services such as S3, SNS, SQS,
Lambdas, API Gateways or comparable experience with Microsoft Azure
or Google Cloud Platform serverless services.
- Back-End experience with ASP.Net, .Net Core, C# required.
- Front-End experience working with modern web frameworks
(Angular, React or Vue), web components, HTML5, CSS3 and
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or
university, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to write clean standardized code that performs
- Experience with offshore development teams a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa
sponsorship now or in the future.
- Remote based employees may be requested to occasionally travel
to a Questar office for meetings or team building events
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Questar Assessment Inc., Portland , Full-Stack Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!