Java and Weblogic Developer (Remote)
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Grindstone is an innovative, Minority-Owned Small Business
specializing in providing cutting-edge solutions to businesses and
government agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our client is
looking for an Java and Weblogic Developer (Remote). If interested
after reviewing the description below, please apply and someone
from the Grindstone team will reach out to you.
Years of Experience: 5 years Education
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics
engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is
Program Description: Create an end-to-end management perspective to
ensure proper compliance and oversight of GI Bill programs, and the
use of data and business intelligence to monitor and measure school
and student outcomes.
Position Description: The Java/Weblogic Developer is responsible
for participating in the full agile application development life
cycle for new development design, construction, and testing of Java
applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components
to support the overall project.
- This individual has technical knowledge and responsibility for
all phases of applications systems analysis and programming and
understands the business or function for which the application is
- The Programmer may write programs according to specifications,
which may be provided by Engineers, technical architects, or other
- Update, repair, modify, and expand existing computer
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on
coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing
elements with server-side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to
identify new features
- Must have experience in analyzing customer needs and developing
the overall concept and design objectives.
- Must be familiar with current best practices for software
architecture, security and coding standards.
- Must be able to create software in Java programming and for a
variety of IT software applications.
- Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in Java
- EJB, Servlet
- WebLogic 12.2
- Java version 1.8
- Spring framework concepts, Spring boot
- REST, SOAP web services
- Authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth)
- multi-threading (concurrency)
- JMS, Schedulers, workflow engines, RedHat Process Automation
Manager, RPA (blueprism)
- Git, maven, CI/CD, Red Hat
- hibernate, Oracle and Postgres databases
- Jmeter, unit, functional testing.
- Agile development experience
- Previous experience with VA and working on VA legacy systems
for Education Service
- Experience containerization of Springboot microservices
- Experience/Knowledge in EFK, Kakfa, AWS Cloud, JBPM.
- Experience working with docker containers
- Experience with ODM (for Rules team)
Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks
to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been
done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
Teamwork: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest.
Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive
Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to
team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present
ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
Excellent active listening skills.
Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and
track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root
cause, generate alternatives, evaluate and select alternatives and
Results-oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of
personal interest in the task
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Grindstone, Portland , Java and Weblogic Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!