Senior Software Engineer - React, ModernJS
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services
company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to
drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're bringing
together products, services, and technology into a single platform
that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need
to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those
who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary
medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more
than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the
globe. SUMMARY The Senior Engineer designs, develops, implements
and supports business applications. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Delivery: Design and deliver business applications serving
veterinary customers, pharmacy, the warehouse/supply chain, and
- Design: Break down complex problems into elegant technical
solutions to intelligently solve problems.
- Process: Accurately estimate the timing of software delivery
and improve with each iteration.
- Advancement: Work with other developers both to teach and to
- Support: Understand VFC products from both a technical and
business perspective in order to develop and troubleshoot quickly
and correctly. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science
and/or related years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software design and
- Minimum 1 year experience with React & adjacent technologies
- An ethic of craft: You are trying to do the best job possible.
You are always pushing yourself and others. You really like this
- UX-adjacent skills: You are not necessarily a designer, nor can
you pick a color, but you at least try to understand what makes for
clear, straightforward, intuitive user experiences.
- Customer empathy: Your job is to ensure that the user is
thrilled. This can be distinct from automatically delivering what
is requested! You should be willing to actively propose changes,
find opportunities to cut complexity, and volunteer elegant
solutions to hard problems.
- Clear, pleasant, rigorous communication. Always open to
feedback and discussion, but able to commit and execute once
- Knowledge and experience with front end application
- Understanding of software-level data structures, algorithms,
and design patterns.
- Understanding of database design, cloud technology and
- Experience that would be nice to have:
- Modern JS: GraphQL, TypeScript, Redux
- Apache Kafka
- AWS products
- Java/Spring Boot
- iOS/Swift development
- Android/Kotlin #LI-Remote Covetrus is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Covetrus, Portland , Senior Software Engineer - React, ModernJS, IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!