Commercial Underwriter / Title Attorney - Real Estate
Company: Bernstein Shur
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Monument Title Company, a subsidiary of Bernstein Shur, is
seeking an experienced commercial underwriter to join the elite
title team in our Portland, ME office.
The ideal candidate will be an attorney with significant experience
with title insurance underwriting, negotiating title insurance
coverages and providing real estate settlement services in complex
commercial transactions, including construction/development,
hospitality, healthcare facilities, energy/solar and land
conservation projects. This candidate has the potential to quickly
advance to a leadership role within Monument Title Company.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and
procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to
real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions
for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task,
prioritize and timely follow up.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
- Ability to 'think outside the box' and make unique yet sound
decisions to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to build relationships and create rapport with
Typical Range of Experience
- At least 4 years of title underwriting experience as an agent for
national title insurance companies.
Bernstein Shur has offices in Maine and New Hampshire and advises
clients from across the U.S. and around the world. Our 115+
attorneys' practice in more than 20 critical areas and a variety of
industries. As an entrepreneurial firm that believes sophisticated
doesn't have to mean stuffy, Bernstein Shur has been named as one
of the Best Places to Work in Maine for the past 9 years and is
ranked by Vault as a Top 150 Under 150 law firm. Bernstein Shur
offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, while
making quality of life a priority.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and references to Diane
Mutagoma, Legal Recruiting Coordinator
All inquiries held in strictest confidence.
Keywords: Bernstein Shur, Portland , Commercial Underwriter / Title Attorney - Real Estate, Legal , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!