Posted on: January 10, 2021
The Team Member's responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a
premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our
customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members
strive to drive sales through advanced product knowledge,
innovative merchandising and cutting counter accuracy. The Team
Member's role is to create an exceptional in-store experience and
excellent customer service through direct interaction and
engagement with customers. The Team Member will also embody the
characteristics that tie back to the duties of Brand Ambassador,
Operational Excellence, Business Accumen and Inspirational
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floorOPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash
register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning
and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any
spills/messes with a sense of urgencyBUSINESS ACUMEN
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events being held
at the store.
- Proactively drive sales through product knowledge, suggestive
selling, Innovative Merchandising and building strong customer
relationships to the JOANN brand.
- Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper
policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting
counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team
exceeds expectations from Store Management.
- Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects
in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists with the training of new Team Members on running the
register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service
- High School or GED preferred
- No experience required; 1-3 years previous experience in a
customer service environment preferred
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of
the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work
less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period,
as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
- Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work
at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year.
Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these
requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company's
full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs
of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be
required for career progressionPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2lbs on a constant basis, 10lbs on a frequent basis,
10-49lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97lbs group lifts on an
infrequent basis).This position will be located at:
1064 Brighton Ave Portland, ME 04102-1030
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: JOANN, Portland , Team Member, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!