Medical Imager (Rad Tech) - $7500 Sign-on Retention Bonus (Lebanon, NH)
Company: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Radiology-Diagnostic department has openings for Medical Imagers -
varying from per diem, part-time and full-time openings. Our
hiring managers are keen to talk to new grads and experienced
Imagers to see if our current openings may match your
For our full-time positions
(30 hours or more) we are offering a $7500 sign-on/retention bonus.
This is available to external hires only, and certain conditions
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers benefits
for employees working 20 or more hours. Mo information
about our benefits can be found here: https://dhemployeebenefits.org/StaffLebanon/
D-H Medical Imagers perform
radiologic procedures requiring advanced technical skills and
understanding of complicated requests from specialized
clinics. They work in many different areas providing coverage
for Outpatients, Portables, Emergency Room, OR, Fluoroscopy and
Neuroradiology. Our Radiology staff perform at the highest
potential of their license. We have a team atmosphere and
work together to provide excellent patient care.
They perform diagnostic radiologic
exams and procedures independently and may supervise new hires and
student technologists from area colleges.
- Operates the section’s imaging equipment while performing
section procedures. Reviews medical record for patient history and
pertinent clinical information. Transfers patient to imaging table,
explains procedure and positions the patient according to protocol.
Administers applicable contrast media as prescribed by the
radiologist, orally, intravenously, via urethra or rectum.
Recognizes and responds to hypersensitivity or allergic
- Selects proper exposure technique and follows protocol
- Reviews study for overall quality, illuminates any problems
which were not part of initial exam and alert Radiologist for
further imaging instructions.
- Performs radiologic procedures requiring advanced technical
skills and understanding of complicated requests from specialized
- Reviews studies for overall quality. Operates computers
associated with imaging equipment used to produce, process, and
optimize clinical data. Archives images onto appropriate media for
the section involved.
- Performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals
on imaging and ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with
Federal and Joint Commission standards of care.
- Organizes daily work schedule and responds to emergencies.
- Instructs medical staff and oversees student technologists in
unit’s operation, as necessary.
- Maintains a second professional registry to remain compliant
with section certifications and Federal inspections if
- May be responsible for Insertion of IVs, enema tips or urologic
- Mentors students and orients Medical Imagers to the many
sections of Diagnostic Radiology.
Upon completion of orientation,
Medical Imager is responsible for the following:
- Fluoroscopy to include:
- MSK, Neuro procedures, GI/GU
- Portable imaging in:
- all intensive care units as well as PICU/ICN,
- ED to include Trauma response
- May be responsible for performing DXA exams
- Highly specialized orthopedic protocols
- Outpatient Imaging
- Must maintain proficiency in all Code designations and
- Specialized imaging for suspected child abuse studies and fetal
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved
allied health program specific to the modality employed.
- Must be able to perform duties independently with minimal
- Must be proficient in the use of Radiology Information Systems
(RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS),
Transport, and/or other computer systems unique to the specific
- Must be able and willing to work: on-call, weekends, holidays
and variable shifts.
- Professional registry for the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) for modality employed is required when
mandated by Federal or section certifications or registry
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Licensed by the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
in the state of New Hampshire.
Keywords: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Portland , Medical Imager (Rad Tech) - $7500 Sign-on Retention Bonus (Lebanon, NH), Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!