Company: Life Story
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Commercial Fisherman Responsibilities:
- Appropriately planning all fishing operations by identifying
the best fishing grounds, assessing weather and sea conditions, and
estimating the duration of each fishing trip.
- Utilizing fish-finding equipment to locate fish and other
- Positioning nets, fishing lines, traps, and dredges to catch
fish, crustaceans, and other aquatic animals.
- Measuring caught fish to determine whether they meet legal size
requirements and releasing all illegal catches into the water.
- Cleaning the caught fish, sorting them, and storing them in
refrigerated or ice-filled holds.
- Operating trawl winch systems and similar machinery to hoist
captured fish onto the vessel.
- Ensuring that all hoisting machinery is in good working
- Performing basic cleaning duties on board the vessel as
Commercial Fisherman Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Commercial Fisherman.
- Appropriate state licensure and commercial fishing permit.
- Sound knowledge of fishing laws.
- Working knowledge of fishing technology and equipment.
- The ability to operate complex fishing equipment.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Physically fit.
Keywords: Life Story, Portland , Commercial Fisherman, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!