Temporary Part Time or Full Time Pharmacy Technician
Company: Martin's Point Health Care
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit
health care organization offering care and coverage to the people
of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for
people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our
health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's
Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and
respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others,
continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are
brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why
Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the
pharmacists with the process of filling of prescriptions and for
maintaining the pharmacy itself to support the goals of the
- Establishes a family history that includes address, age,
allergies to medications, etc. and creates a patient profile.
Enters prescriptions into the computer patient profile system
completely and accurately according to the guidelines for
Department of Defense patients and all other HMO type patients as
- Fills computer entered prescriptions with the proper
medication. Sets aside completed prescriptions according to
departmental policies for a final check by the pharmacist.
- Answers incoming phone calls to the pharmacy and retrieves
messages from both the pickup and mailing refill telephone lines.
Organizes workload according to established departmental policies.
Retrieve prescriptions and correspondence from fax machine and
direct to appropriate area for processing. Accepts prescription
copies from outside pharmacies at the discretion of the pharmacist
(Only Licensed Pharmacy Advanced Technicians certified by the Maine
Board of Pharmacy).
- Places orders into the computerized wholesaler system and
transmits orders to the wholesalers on a daily basis according to
established guidelines. Maintains stock of pharmacy supply items
and OTC items and orders as necessary. Maintains adequate inventory
of prescription drugs on all pharmacy shelves and in designated
storage areas in the department.
- Works with automated or robotic dispensing systems in the
process of filling prescriptions if applicable in the particular
pharmacy. Refills and maintains those systems as necessary.
- Processes and prepares completed mail orders for shipping
according to established guidelines (Primarily Mail Order
- Processes the received daily wholesaler orders and fills
prescriptions that are on order and are to be picked up or mailed
to patients. Maintains all records required by law and by
departmental policies. Places the wholesaler orders received daily
into the appropriate locations on the pharmacy inventory
- Processes all pharmacy requisition forms received from the
practices or from all outside sites (PRITA forms).
- Supports the Pharmacy Clerk as needed with patient payment
calls, charge card processing, answering of phone calls, mailing of
- Maintains the general neatness and cleanliness in the
- Promptly greets the patient in a courteous and friendly manner
at the window.
- Processes prescriptions returned to stock according to
- Checks the medical practices at the Portland site for outdated
medications on a monthly basis.
- Answers routine inquiries regarding Health Plan drug coverage,
prices, product availability, formulary listings, and pharmacy
services. Uses discretion and good judgment in dealing with the
questions and problems of patients and clinical staff.
- Rings all cash register transactions into the cash register
throughout the day. Cashes out the register and charge machines
daily and resolves the daily cash logs for disbursement to the
- Serves as a professional role model to both Pharmacy staff and
other departments in fulfilling the organizational mission and
patient care objective of MPHC.
- Displays a positive attitude and initiates responsibility and
cooperation where it concerns patient care, pharmacy/clinical staff
relations as well as other aspects of pharmacy development and
- Advocates and promotes, by personal example, excellence of
service as an integral part of the pharmacy department.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
- High School diploma required
- Must have a current pharmacy technician license and be actively
registered as a pharmacy technician in the state they are working
- Experience in a medical setting and/or knowledge of pharmacy
terms and abbreviations.
- Previous pharmacy work experience is preferred.
- Typing and computer skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate and deal pleasantly and effectively
with clinical staff, patients, and coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin's Point Health
Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Martin's Point Health Care, Portland , Temporary Part Time or Full Time Pharmacy Technician, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!