Electrical Engineer - Entry Level
Company: Woodard & Curran, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Woodard & Curran, there's nothing we love more than a tough
engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and
environmental issues-solving complex problems with creativity and
tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people,
and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a
safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and
commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are
at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water
and environmental challenges for our clients.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a motivated Entry Level Electrical Engineer to
join our electrical engineering group. The successful candidate
will be joining an established, respected, and growing team
providing a range of electrical engineering services to our
practices across the firm. As an Electrical Engineer at Woodard &
Curran you will work on electrical distribution, relaying, power
generation, motor control, and lighting projects for our
industrial, water, wastewater, municipal, design-build, and plant
operations clients on a regional and national basis. You will
interface with clients to understand their power, lighting, and
motor control requirements for municipal, utility, and industrial
facilities. You will also prepare and coordinate engineering
reports, studies, calculations, drawings and specifications. In
addition, you will perform construction phase services such as shop
drawing review and contractor oversight and will carry out QA/QC
functions to ensure accuracy and adequacy of work products. Your
work will come in varying degrees of complexity and although you
will work independently on most projects, our experienced engineers
will be there to answer questions and provide on-the-job mentoring.
You may also be provided with opportunities to mentor junior staff
and support marketing efforts and development of proposals.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will need the energy
to go the extra mile to deliver electrical design solutions
consistent with process, mechanical and control system requirements
in a consulting environment. Our diverse portfolio of projects
means that you will need to be flexible for 20% - 30% travel in the
New England area and nationwide.
This position level is flexible based on experience and
qualifications of the candidate. New graduates and candidates with
related electrical engineering experience ranging from 0 to 3 years
of experience are encouraged to apply for this position.
What You Will Be Doing At Woodard & Curran:
- Perform work under the supervision, guidance, review and
oversight of a Technical Manager, Project Engineer, or other
experienced engineer within the team.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the
engineering work as part of the overall project scope.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice
but may include a variety of complex elements such as conflicting
design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and
challenging coordination requirements.
- Support project level of effort and fee cost estimate
- Support project construction cost estimate development.
- Perform QA/QC function under guidance of senior engineers.
- Responsible for understanding scope, schedule, and budget of
projects and assignments.
- Responsible for understanding personal utilization goals.
- Support developing technical presentations to clients, at
public meetings, and to regulatory agencies.
- Interface directly with clients, sub-consultants, vendors
and/or regulatory agencies when required.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key internal and
external clients as your career develops.
- Mentor junior level staff as your career develops.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- EIT preferred (passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, or
commitment from new graduates to take the FE exam).
- 0-3 years of experience in an industrial or electrical
distribution environment as a consultant.
- Future Licensed Professional Engineer registration is a career
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter and thrive in a
fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD a plus.
- Proficiency in Revit a plus.
- Proficiency in ESA Easypower or equivalent software a
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and strong organization
- Ability to coordinate and interact with co-workers, project
staff, various clients and government agencies.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are
encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU
ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Keywords: Woodard & Curran, Inc., Portland , Electrical Engineer - Entry Level, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!