Analyst, Financial Accounting - Hiring Now
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Avangrid is seeking a Financial Accounting
Analyst to join their team in their
The Senior Financial Analyst in
Accounting is responsible for transactional activities and will
contribute significantly to ensuring the integrity of the US GAAP
and IFRS financial statements by performing account and transaction
analyses impacting internal management and external reporting. This
position plays an important role in a very demanding environment,
with focus on supporting the provision of management reporting and
data analysis to senior management. The successful individual will
be required to understand aspects of the organization encompassing
operations and support functions. The responsibilities associated
with the role include:
- Record transactions in SAP including preparation/review of
journal entries and reconciliations.
- Provide analysis of full balance sheet and limited P&L
activity through interrogation of SAP and BPC.
- Research and explain variances/trends and be able to act
- Produce valid analytical schedules in support of monthly
- Assist in the development of US GAAP reporting and its
reconciliation to IFRS.
- Provide suitable, financial support to the business functions
and understand the nature of their environments and the financial
implications of actions.
- Support the general ledger activities of business operations
including Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Settlements, Asset
Management, other departments, and external auditors as
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Ensure accounting processes are SOX compliant through review of
existing controls and new processes.
- Ensure compliance with Avangrid & Iberdrola financial policies
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or
the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in industry or
public accounting relevant to job requirements.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP /
IFRS, including application.
- Strong experience with SAP (or
similar integrated financial systems).
- Ability to think critically and ask
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work and communicate
effectively with all levels of the corporate hierarchy on written
and oral interfaces.
- Strong analytical and
- Skilled to work independently with
- An additional 2+ years’ experience in industry or public
accounting relevant to job requirements.
- CPA license and/or graduate business degree.
- Experience with technical accounting research including
documenting clear/concise conclusions.
- Energy industry experience.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable
energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT
with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of
equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and
current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to
discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin,
ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Portland , Analyst, Financial Accounting - Hiring Now, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!