Accounting Supervisor - Hiring Now
Posted on: October 5, 2021
Avangrid is seeking an Account Manager to join their
team in their Portland, ME location.
The Accounting Manager plays an important role
in the Avangrid Renewables Accounting Control Department and is
responsible for directly supporting the Director of Accounting with
special focus in non-recurrent transactions full cycle from
inception to fulfillment of all terms and conditions including
accounting impact in the different stages of the transaction,
journal entries review, generating corresponding white paper
documentation, and processes optimization. The Accounting Manager
may participate in other activities of the accounting cycle to
ensure the company’s reporting and transaction deadlines are met
with accuracy and completeness in support of the Financial
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Review and document non-recurrent transactions
- Actively search for improvements in processes where the
Accounting department interacts with other Avangrid Renewables
areas, Avangrid Control Corporate team and when necessary Iberdrola
Control team for IFRS related items.
- Review journal entries and analyze for appropriate accounting
treatment focused in non-recurrent events.
- Support the investment/divestment processes by providing timely
and accurate information for decision making and calculation of
impacts on earnings and Balance sheet.
- Coordinate with Business Performance team on monthly general
ledger closing information and documentation of non-recurrent
- Direct efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining
systems, procedures and policies for the group.
- Interact with other departments within and outside of the
Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely
fashion to inquiries related to the general ledger.
- Participate in and coordinate external and internal
- Ensure accounting processes are SOX compliant through review of
existing controls and new processes.
- Ensure compliance with Avangrid Renewables financial policies
- Adhere to effective internal controls and timely
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years proven experience in similar positions in the
industry, or public accounting relevant to job requirements.
- Sound understanding of impacts in Financial Statements
generated by Business decisions
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, including application.
- Able to work with tight and/or ambiguous deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no
- Strong accountability in works / tasks performed.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of
the corporate hierarchy on written and oral interfaces.
- General ledger experience with major accounting systems.
- Proficiency in Excel. Fluid in rest of MS Office apps.
- Experience in transformation processes.
- Eager to accept new challenges.
Preference may be given to candidates with the
- Power generation and power commercialization sector experience
with a focus on renewable energy generation.
- CPA license and/or graduate business degree
- Systems experience in SAP or other ERPs systems.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable
energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT
with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of
equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and
current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to
discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin,
ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Portland , Accounting Supervisor - Hiring Now, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!