We invite you to be part of our
team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy
the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all
outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
We need Temporary Customer Service Home Agents this fall to take
incoming calls from their approved home offices. Our Home Agents
place orders and answer questions with a smile and with an
unwavering intent to delight our customers.
Home Office locations must be in Maine or New Hampshire.
Pay is $15/hr.
L.L.Bean Home Agents must be able to attend a 1-hour equipment
training onsite in Portland.
A PC or laptop with a webcam. An internet connection - see
Interviews, onboarding, and training are conducted over a TEAMS
video call. (similar to Zoom). Part of the interview is a computer
skills assessment that is observed. Qualified candidates are asked
to schedule their own interview and receive a TEAMS link in advance
of the interview.
If you are hired, you must also be able to get to our Northport
Contact Center in Portland so you can attend a one-hour, onsite
instructional session and be issued a phone/headset for Customer
Service calls along with important instructions. L.L.Bean has
employee health and safety in mind and will provide a safe
experience for you and for us.
Once you are set up, virtual, web-based training classes are
scheduled separately. Again, a web camera is required.
The L.L.Bean Home Agency program requires you to have
the following in your proposed home office - you will be asked to
send photos of your home office set up for
A computer and Internet Service that meet all system
requirements listed below. NOTE: there are
Operating System: Windows or Mac only
* Windows 10 or above (Windows S mode is not compatible)
* For Mac: macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Mojave (10.14),
macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)
- A Webcam installed and ready to go
- A separate headset with a microphone with a USB connection is
required for MS Teams video calls
- Monitor at least 17” (most Home Agents prefer 24”)
- 8 GB of RAM minimum, 16 GB preferred?
- Full-size keyboard with the number pad
- Mouse with scroll wheel
- A separate keyboard and mouse with a scroll wheel is
required if using a laptop
- Power strip surge protector
Minimum acceptable speeds are below. A faster service provides a
- Download – 25 Mbps
- Upload – 5 Mbps
- No satellite service or hotspots are allowed due to
Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards
- Modem/Router must have an available port for the phone
connection. L.L.Bean provides an IP Phone which requires a
wired internet connection to your modem/router.
- The modem must be accessible, within 10 feet of the phone, and
have an available slot for the phone connection
L.L.Bean Home Agents must have an existing phone (Cell
phone or existing landline in the event of an
Home Office must be in Maine or New Hampshire
A separate workspace in the house that is quiet and free
from noise/distraction because:
- The Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards require
customer information not to be viewed or overheard by third
parties. For this reason, we have strict security standards that
require a separate workspace.
- Customers should have a superior service experience when
calling us – household noises such as dogs barking; clocks chiming,
etc. can have a negative impact and must be avoided.
- A desk and chair that allows the Home Agent to work
safely and comfortably (incorporate good ergonomics)
- Phone (VoIP)
- Headset, power brick, and cables
- Software downloads to access our L.L.Bean systems
All L.L.Bean Call Center and Home Agent Reps must demonstrate
the L.L.Bean values of service, perseverance, respect, integrity, a
love of the outdoors, healthy living, and have a customer service
The successful candidate must also possess an ability to learn
new systems quickly, and be motivated to help L.L.Bean maintain our
stellar Brand reputation.
Perks – Temporary employees can
- Shop online or in a full-priced Retail Store and take
33.3% off most L.L.Bean merchandise and Outdoor Discovery School
- Participate in a 401K retirement program
- Borrow gear/equipment from the Employee Use
- Be an outsider with the L.L.Bean Outdoor Club
- Pick up and give away shifts
Health and Safety Requirements
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe
and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active
participants in health and safety by following all safety policies
and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions, or at-risk behaviors
to leadership, and conducting work in a safe
If you care about the outdoors,
joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our
benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and
perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus,
maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are
all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re
all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where
we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual
differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because
the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean