ROC Operator Position - Renewable Energy
Company: Longroad Energy
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionJob PurposeThis position will act to monitor and
operate Longroad Energy's power plants in conjunction with other
Operators. This monitoring and operation must be done in compliance
with all Independent System Operator (ISO), Transmission Owner (TO)
and NERC requirements and procedures.Responsibilities
- Act as the go between and center of record for safe site
operation in coordination with site and transmission/grid operators
in accordance with contractual requirements. This includes events
involving equipment and site outages, as well as permit compliance
activities such as FAA outages and environmental concerns.
- Monitor the performance and forced outage events of all plant
equipment. Perform remote resets as required and permitted by
Longroad procedures. Dispatch field staff when required and serve
as remote oversight of field repairs.
- Use knowledge and available information to minimize downtime in
a safe and prudent fashion.
- Follow procedures to control power generation equipment
including the restart, shut down and initial troubleshooting.
- At the direction of the Plant Manager, supervise and take
ownership of assigned roles and responsibilities up to and
including wind and solar generation equipment, site grounds,
environmental concerns, substation maintenance, roads and right of
- After proper training, perform remote medium and high voltage
switching in coordination with the site staff, local utility and
- Maintain accurate logs of all activities. Including accurate
handovers to ensure the oncoming shift is aware of all relevant
issues and directives.
- Serve as the contact center for complaints and other
communications from the public; routing notification of such events
to the proper internal party.
- Classify/confirm downtime events into categories for accurate
reporting and record keeping.
- Complete work orders as defined in Standard Operating
- Actively monitor site level details, scanning for
under-performance or emerging issues. This includes degradation
analysis of equipment and performance data.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by ROC Manager.Minimum
- 3 years of professional or relevant service experience
- Experience operating and monitoring power plant operations
and/or electrical substations
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures
- Experience planning and implementing routine O&M plans,
including minor and major corrective work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite products like Word, Excel and
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited
- Willingness to work a rotating shift scheduleDesired/Preferred
- Applicable college degree such as: Electrical/Mechanical
Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, and Information Systems
- PJM Generation Dispatcher certification is preferred
- Wind or Solar PV Experience is preferredCharacteristics
Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to independently make decisions and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industryPlease note:
This role does not offer visa sponsorshipPowered by
Keywords: Longroad Energy, Portland , ROC Operator Position - Renewable Energy, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!