UX Researcher (REMOTE)
Company: Edelman Financial Engines
Posted on: June 16, 2022
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe everyone deserves to
move their financial life forward.We know that assets have the
power to fund goals. Those numbers represent individual lifetimes
filled with hard work and dreams for our clients and generations to
follow. Our clients trust us to guide them forward with empathy,
integrity, and invention. We uphold that same standard of respect
and commitment for clients and colleagues alike.
The RoleAs a UX researcher you'll help advise and guide our product
and technology teams to develop relevant products and experiences
across all stages of the customer journey.You'll partner closely
with other designers to identify needs and opportunities, establish
learning goals and plan the best research method or mix of methods
that will lead to the most effective outcome. In addition to
facilitating research from others, you'll also actively participate
in the entire design process - from concept to delivery - providing
insight, guidance and expertise along the way.Research projects
span several squads in order to achieve goals for our organization,
so being flexible and able to get results is essential. Because
you'll conduct research for multiple products and areas, we're also
looking for a "systems thinker" who can combine insights to create
a comprehensive and cohesive narrative!
- Work closely with product teams to identify research
opportunities, recommending the best methods based on objectives,
priorities and timeline.
- Distill goals into well-crafted and clear research plans.
- Conduct and facilitate research and usability studies,
selectively recommending and using the most appropriate tools,
methodologies and formats.
- Synthesize results, analyze feedback and translate insights
into practical findings that clearly articulate issues and
- Schedule and present playbacks and reviews with collaborators
at all levels.
- Establish and build a body of knowledge that crosses multiple
products, personas and domains to inform a common understanding of
principles and standard methodologies.
- Participate in design-thinking sessions and workshops,
exploring concepts and ideas, and providing feedback and data that
drives the evolution of our customer experiences.
- Help promote a culture that appreciates the value of research:
evangelize opportunities and articulate the impact that misguided
solutions or usability issues can have on the business.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of research and user testing
including recruiting, facilitation, analysis and reporting.
- Experience providing research for digital products, social
media, apps/mobile, e-commerce, news or other complex systems.
- Skilled in conducting research of all types: lab-based testing,
prototype testing, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and
- Ability to work with uncertainty, across multiple streams in an
- A desire to build positive relationships, influencing and
collaborating across the organization and at all levels.
Keywords: Edelman Financial Engines, Portland , UX Researcher (REMOTE), Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!