Stakeholder Affairs & Customer Engagement Intern - Summer 2022 (REMOTE)
Company: California ISO
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Company DescriptionThe California Independent System Operator
(ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage,
long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California's
power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million
Californians by operating the grid reliably 24/7.As the impartial
grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale
power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower
prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of
power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to
bring power to customers.The California ISO's function is often
compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly
unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and
profit from allowing that company's planes to go through before
others. In the same way, the California ISO operates
independently-managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do
not own-making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities
and consumers on time and reliably.Job DescriptionUnder the
direction of the Customer Service and Stakeholder Affairs team
members and management, the intern will work in three areas of the
department (Stakeholder Affairs, Customer Service, and Customer
Readiness).What You'll Be Doing.In Stakeholder Affairs the
- Conduct tasks related to the ISO stakeholder initiative
processes related to market design, infrastructure planning, and
- Conduct tasks related to policy development processes,
including stakeholder engagement, paper proposals, stakeholder
comments management, document/market notice postings, and
internal/external timelines requirements.
- Assist in preparing and facilitating stakeholder meetings -
Upload and post incoming documents (ISO presentations and
stakeholder comments) to the designated initiative web page -
Organize and upload to SharePoint all necessary meeting
- Attend and assist in the facilitation of stakeholder initiative
meetings - Assist in the preparation of the ISO Symposium. In
Customer Service The Candidate Will
- In support of Client Representatives provide customer care as
the main ISO customer points of entry which includes phone support,
issue management, e-mail and web inquiries
- Support research and analysis for customer issues in
coordination with SME's
- Tasked with researching and answering customer inquiries
utilizing the existing knowledge base, business practice manuals,
tariff, or any other training material already provided on the ISO
- Assist customer support desk with client representative dealing
with real time grid reliability concerns
- Perform targeted outreach to customers for a variety of one
- Support Account Managers in coordination and execution of
quarterly meetingsIn Customer Readiness The Candidate Will
- Assist in developing and reviewing training materials for
- Prepare and distribute training aids such as instructional
material, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids.
- Participate in making arrangements for trainer presentations to
- Maintain CBT-Computer Based Training records and run reports in
the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provide Business Process Manual change management support for
Customer Onboarding and Trainer.
- Assist trainers will preparing for and facilitating training
classes as needed.EducationQualifications
- Open to majors graduating December 2022 or later with a
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or Master's (M.A./M.S.).
- Preference given to students entering junior or senior year.
- No experience required.
- Previous related internships, volunteer or work experience
- Demonstrated interest in the energy industry desired.
- Proficient in MS Suite
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability
- Outstanding communication skills Additional InformationAll your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: California ISO, Portland , Stakeholder Affairs & Customer Engagement Intern - Summer 2022 (REMOTE), Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!