Patient Services Specialist (Remote)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Modernizing Medicine, we are looking for passionate,
innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America - 2015 -
- Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth - Business
Intelligence Group's Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) - Customer
Sales and Service World Awards - - 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) - Customer Sales
and Service World Awards - 2018Modernizing Medicine is delivering
truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will
impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a
difference.Our web and mobile applications are transforming
healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency
and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end
specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR
to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office
interactions, patient visits, collections and
reimbursements.Modernizing Medicine is hiring a Patient Services
Specialist (PSS) who is responsible for creating a positive patient
experience within Modernizing Medicine's Revenue Cycle Management
service offering. Our Patient Service Specialists provide an
exceptional experience by efficiently answering phones and greeting
patients in a pleasant and professional manner and efficiently
resolving patient inquiries and issues. PSS's are responsible for
the collection of patient payments, answering questions regarding
account ledgers and insurance processing, and entering correct
patient demographic/insurance information into Modernizing
Medicine's PM and EMR systems.You may be a great fit for
Modernizing Medicine's Patient Services Specialist position IF---
- You are an amazing problem-solver with exceptional customer
service skills, going above and beyond expectations.
- You are naturally curious and have the distinct ability to pick
up both software and medical billing concepts easily.
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written
communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively
prioritize and manage your time.Your Role
- Serve as primary contact for all inbound and outbound patient
calls regarding patients balance inquiries, claims processing,
insurance updates and payment collections.
- Initiate outbound calls to patients of RCM clients in an effort
to understand and address any account/payment issues such as
demographic and insurance updates.
- Accurately input and update patient account information and
document calls into PM.
- Special Projects: Other duties as required to support and
enhance our customer/patient facing activities.
- Ensure department targets & Key Performance Indicator
benchmarks are met.Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of previous call center and customer
service experience required.
- Ability to work the shift 11am-8pm EST, onsite in our Boca
Raton, FL headquarters.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish, verbal and written
- High School/ GED graduate requited. Bachelor's degree and/or
Medical Billing & Coding Certificate preferred.
- Basic understanding of medical billing claims submission
process and working with insurance carriers (e.g., Medicare,
private HMOs, PPOs) preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of business software applications such as
Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess developed communication and interpersonal skills with
an emphasis on the ability to work effectively over the
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing
- Ability and openness to learn new things.
- Passionate about delivering high-quality customer service and
- Ability to work effectively within a team in order to create a
positive work environment.
- Ability to remain calm in a demanding call center
- Professional demeanor required.Modernizing Medicine Benefit
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance
Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition
reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations,
quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and
Keywords: ModMed, Portland , Patient Services Specialist (Remote), Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!