Landscaper - Snow Removal Hand Crew
Posted on: August 4, 2022
We offer excellent benefits including free medical insurance and
over six weeks of paid time off for full time employees! Avesta
Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with over 50
years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development
and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. We
care deeply about improving lives and our communities. When it
comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful
career growth, and outstanding work environments. What we're
looking for Avesta Housing is seeking an organized team player to
fill our need for the position of full time landscaper - snow
removal hand crew in our Greater Portland locations. This position
will provide routine and new grounds keeping services for our
properties ensuring that grounds are safely maintained. In the
winter, landscapers will plow, remove snow, shovel, sand and salt
walkways. POSITION SUMMARY : It is the responsibility of the
Landscaper to perform routine and new groundskeeping activities for
Avesta Housing. The primary functions of this position include but
are not limited to; maintenance of existing property grounds,
construction of new outdoor areas, and establishing a positive and
productive working relationship with all departments while adhering
to the organization's Mission Statement and Core Values.
LANDSCAPING FUNCTIONS (May-October)
- Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge
around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Landscape with flowers, grass, and shrubs, and maintain
landscaping design and ensure plant survival.
- Rake, mulch, sweep walkways, and prune grounds as needed.
- Remove leaves, debris and trim shrubs and tree limbs as
- Perform maintenance to landscape structures and hardscape
- Perform maintenance on equipment utilized in groundskeeping.
SNOW REMOVAL FUNCTIONS (November-April)
- (Optional) Ability to plow using trucks.
- Run hand equipment such as snow blowers, Toro Grandstand,
Ventrac machines and shovels.
- Ability to perform through the night during cold temperatures
and long hours.
- Ensure that walkways are maintained with salt/sand to ensure
that there is no ice build up on property walkways or drive
- Perform final clean-ups after storm ends.
- On-call hours are required for early ice checks at all of our
- Perform maintenance on equipment utilized during snow removal.
YEAR-ROUND ESSENTIAL FUNTIONS:
- Ensure that grounds are safely maintained and in compliance
with Avesta Housing standards.
- Work alongside property management team and maintenance.
- Follow safety procedures and report hazards promptly.
- Ensure cleanliness of all properties.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules,
policies, procedures, including Fair Housing.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Perform maintenance on equipment utilized to perform job.
- Embody core values of Avesta Housing at all times.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect,
support and safety for all members of the Avesta community, and
actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and
understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive
- Ensure that all external common areas are kept clean in
accordance with Agency policy.
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when
- Maintain good working relationships with residents and other
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous landscaping experience preferred.
- Ability to make decisions and use sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software as
- Comfort with technology in general to work with Agency tools
- Flexible with work schedule; willing to work long hours,
evenings, weekends and overtime (especially during winter months).
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health,
dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match, flexible
spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term
disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned
time. Excellent working environment. PM21Requirements:
Keywords: Avesta, Portland , Landscaper - Snow Removal Hand Crew, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!