Company: EDF Renewables
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Scope of Job: The Construction Superintendent provides on-site
coordination for all phases of solar, solar+storage, and EV
charging station construction projects, including managing and
coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that
specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding
on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent shall be
responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and
project site safety. The Superintendent also coordinates among
Company project stakeholders, including engineering, design,
procurement, construction, and O&M (Operations and Maintenance)
teams. The Superintendent reports to the Project Manager or
Director of Project Management.
Project coordination, supervision, and management, including the
- Schedule and supervise all on-site and (as assigned) off-site
subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their
completion of work within time allowed; and assure that all project
work by each subcontractor and all materials supplied by any vendor
fully complies with project plans, the subcontractor's contracted
scope of work or applicable specifications, applicable laws and
permits, utility requirements, and applicable codes, including the
National Electric Code.
- Ensure safe work practices including OSHA standards, company
safety programs and policies relative to the installation of these
systems. Enforce safety standards established by the client and the
company to manage risk and achieve safety and health goals of no
incidents and no lost time due to injury and no property
- Review, interpret, and assure work complies with design
drawings, product literature, interconnection agreements, model
codes and regulations, communicate deviations from requirements or
plans with the project team (i.e., Project Manager, Program
Director, VP Engineering and Construction) for resolution, prior to
execution of work that deviates from the requirements or approved
- Manage project to meet or exceed construction industry
practices, processes and standards
- Establish and enforce project site schedule, safety, and
quality control programs to ensure timely and quality completion of
construction without incidents.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and
utilities, including coordination of construction and
interconnection activities with interconnecting utility.
- Represent the Company as a project site representative to the
project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having
jurisdiction, and community members. Interact with integrity,
always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintain daily log (written) of, and regularly communicate to
supervisors activities on the project site.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple project sites,
simultaneously, as assigned.
- Walk all project sites daily (or as assigned) to monitor
activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each
- Preside over regular (weekly or daily) subcontractor meetings
designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure that each project site is always kept in a clean and
- If requested, assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of
subcontracts; assist in obtaining permits or approval of
- Open project site at beginning of the day and secure project
site at the end of the day (or assign qualified individuals to open
and close project site with supervisor approval).
Supervision of Others: Provide direction to, manage, supervise, and
resolve problems among multiple (up to 20 per project) project
subcontractors and vendors.
- High school diploma; some college course work.
- College degree: desired
- Minimum five years' experience as a Construction Superintendent
and/or seven years as an Electrical Superintendent
- NABCEP certification desired or ability and willingness to
- Electrical license or enrollment in a state licensing program
- Construction supervisor's license: preferred where
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Safety training (OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour certification)
- First Aid/CPR training
- Advanced knowledge of commercial electrical design and
construction practices. Read, interpret and manage construction
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial and/or industrial building
- Computer skills including MS Office 365
- Project management software, with ability to manage files,
create and update reports and schedules
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA construction safety
- Planning, scheduling, and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with project team and make
recommendations and decisions
- Ability to supervise, lead and train others
- Knowledge and safe use of electrical testing and metering
- Controls, communications and low voltage experience
- The employee must have the endurance and ability to visit
entire project site, including standing, walking, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and using or
accessing stairs or other elevated structures.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The
noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Working Conditions: This position involves work at a construction
site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors, with
approximately 30% of time spent indoors (site trailer) utilizing
computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs),
phones, and general office equipment, and 70% of time spent outside
on the project site(s). Frequent travel required to project sites
and Company offices. Short- and long-term (6-9 months) stays at
project site locations which may be outside of the employee's home
state are required. Travel policy provides for biweekly, weekend
rotations home. Weekend and holiday work may be required to meet
Location: This is a traveling position for short- and long-term
solar construction projects located throughout the continental
United States. Initial assignments will be located in the Portland,
Reasonable Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be
provided by EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as
defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: In alignment with our core values and
placing safety first, EDF Renewables will implement a mandatory
COVID-19 vaccination policy for all US hires. Proof of full
vaccination will be required to accept an offer with a hire date on
or after January 3, 2022.
Keywords: EDF Renewables, Portland , Superintendent, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!