Posted on: September 18, 2022
This position offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus, flexible hours,
a great working environment and excellent benefits! Avesta Housing
is seeking a CRMA to work at our assisted living residence, 75
State Street. We offer flexible work schedules, opportunities for
growth, autonomy, and the ear of our leadership team. Our team is
dedicated to supporting one another and providing our residents
with sincere and thoughtful care. Come join us at Avesta Housing to
obtain the work/life balance you have been searching! Come find out
what makes 75 State Street so special! Located in the historic West
End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit
senior community offering a continuum of care that includes
Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote
the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all
financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in
an urban, residential setting. POSITION SUMMARY: The role of
Certified Residential Medication Aide (CRMA) is to provide high
quality care to the residents of the facility that is consistent
with procedures outlined by Health Services and the mission of 75
State Street. Duties include: medication administration, personal
care, assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and
instrumental activities of daily living (IADL). This is a
full-time, day shift position. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct resident care including assistance with bathing,
dressing, ambulation, transferring, and other physical and personal
- Administers medication within scope of position; administers
oral, topical, insulin, and inhalation medications according to
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication reaction in
compliance with procedures and practices of CRMA.
- Documents in residents' medication administrations
- Participates in the process of managing medication
administration: ordering, stocking and cleaning.
- Observe, report, and document changes in resident behavior and
general condition. Maintain accurate medical records which includes
height, weight, vital signs, ADL, and IADL.
- Provide a safe environment for residents, which includes:
providing the appropriate support in event of an emergency,
maintaining a clean environment and sanitary equipment, and
ensuring adequate supplies.
- Provide assistance with equipment (i.e.: walkers, canes, etc.)
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant
HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Follow established safety procedures and report safety hazards
promptly. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other nursing staff as necessary.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning.
- Assistance with residents' snacks and meals in accordance with
practice or procedures.
- Assist with resident activities.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect,
support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street
community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas,
perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse
and inclusive community.
- Remain at the facility until a replacement arrives or to cover
additional shifts when necessary.
- Attend all mandatory in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care
- Valid CRMA Certification and ability to maintain
- Valid CPR certification, or ability to obtain within one year
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to
communicate effectively to residents, family, staff, and outside
facilities and vendors.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with
dignity and respect.
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive,
team-player attitude PM21
Keywords: Avesta, Portland , CRMA, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!