Senior Civil Design Engineer
Company: Century Engineering
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since
1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals
providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation,
water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive,
cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative
problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every
day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to
client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and
thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and
civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with
innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated,
award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their
objectives - from project inception through design and execution.
Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together,
Kleinfelder is looking to add a Senior Civil Design Engineer to our
team! This position can sit in Manchester, NH, Augusta, ME or
As Senior Civil Design Engineer with experience in roadway and
traditional civil site design on municipal and large state agency
transportation projects, the successful candidate will be expected
to provide sound delivery, mentoring to junior staff, and quality
control within our civil group. This position will provide an
important role to help strengthen our team's civil engineering
The ideal professional for this position will join our team of
civil engineers to deliver a wide range of projects for some of our
area's top clients. This professional should possess 10-15 years of
experience in civil engineering with strengths in urban roadway
design, site engineering, drainage and storm water management,
preparation of construction documents, and the ability to work
within a team of engineers, including field staff.
Typical Duties Overview
* Prepare and oversee detailed civil engineering design that
includes civil/site, roadway, drainage, stormwater management,
utility design and coordination.
* Generate professional plans, specifications, technical
calculations, exhibits, and reports.
* Perform material quantity take-offs and produce engineer's
construction cost estimates.
* Coordination with several design disciplines as needed to
complete project deliverables including in-house Architects,
Environmental, Geotechnical, and Structural Professionals.
* Mentor junior staff and assist project managers with project
* Attend and lead project team and client meetings.
* Support the development and management of project scopes, budgets
* Conduct site observations, existing conditions backchecking, and
written field reports.
Specific requirements include:
* Experience with roadway design, storm water management, utilities
and utility coordination, development of construction documents,
and construction support services.
* Ability to review and comment on traffic plans, pavement
markings, signage, signals, and temporary traffic set-ups.
* Technical expertise for urban roadway design (Accessibility,
Complete Streets, Healthy Transportation Policy, Traffic Calming
Measures, Multi-Use Paths).
* Stormwater modeling experience (HydroCAD, StormCAD) with Green
Infrastructure capabilities is a plus.
* Self-motivation with excellent verbal and written communication
* Experience with NHDOT, MaineDOT and/or NH/ME municipality
projects is a plus.
* Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
* Familiarity with AutoDesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software, familiarity
with Bentley's Microstation, InRoads and/or OpenRoads software a
* BS in Civil Engineering
* PE Registration in New Hampshire (or ability to obtain), PE in ME
and MA is a plus.
* 10+ years of progressive civil site, roadway, and stormwater
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA
and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree
to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Kleinfelder.
Keywords: Century Engineering, Portland , Senior Civil Design Engineer, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!