Supervisor, Operations I
Company: ABF Freight
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members
across the country! ABF Freight, an ArcBest(R) company, is an
exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our
pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill &
The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized
transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's
a career. General description of duties:
* Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with
the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on
* Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance
for safe vehicle operation.
* Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading
* Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances.
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary
recommendations, as needed.
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and
* Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
* Support our values driven culture focused on creativity,
integrity, collaboration, growth, excellent, and wellness.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned. Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. Experience: Service
Center, transportation, and/or other related experience, preferred.
Supervisory experience, preferred. General knowledge of freight,
imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques. Computer
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Other Requirements:
General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight
handling techniques. Benefits:
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year! Questions about this
position? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you require accommodation
in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call us
at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Vet/Disability. 6 months
Keywords: ABF Freight, Portland , Supervisor, Operations I, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!