Float Teller Per Diem
Company: Northeast Bancorp
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Northeast Bank is a Maine-based, full-service community bank and
a national commercial real estate lender with offices in Boston,
New York, Miami and LA. We are looking for motivated and talented
individuals who want to make an impact in a growing company that
cares about its employees, customers, and the communities it
serves. Northeast Bank provides competitive compensation and
benefits including generous PTO. If you are looking for a growing
organization that prioritizes its employees, we encourage you to
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily serves as the Bank's first
point-of-contact with customers who visit a Banking Center.
Responsible for accurately processing retail and commercial
financial transactions, providing customers with basic account
information, and assisting customers with selecting products and
services based on their financial needs and/or referring customers
to other product specialists within the Bank, as appropriate.
Provides consistent and exemplary customer service to Bank
customers and visitors.
* Processes retail and commercial financial transactions, including
deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, and cashing
* Provides customers with basic account information, such as
account balances, due dates, and/or recent account activity.
* Maintains knowledge on all the Bank's product and service
offerings to effectively assist customers with their financial
needs and make recommendations to each customer served.
* Proactively generates consumer and small-business deposit
account, residential mortgage and small-business loan
* Actively participates in all sales, marketing, and promotional
* Answers customer inquiries and refers customers to the Lead
Teller and/or Banking Center Manager, or proper service area for
issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
* As applicable, assists customers in accessing safety deposit
* Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands
positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and
* Contributes to the fulfillment of Banking Center sales and
* Answers and assists incoming callers with questions and requests;
route callers appropriately.
* As directed, sorts and distributes work from other Bank offices,
processes mail and overnight depository transactions.
* Records all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance
with established Bank policies and procedures.
* Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times, and in accordance
with Bank policy; this includes buying and selling currency from
the vault as necessary.
* Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank policy and
procedures, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
* Assists in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing
* As directed, balances and replenishes cash in the ATM and Banking
* As directed, responsible for tracking information and preparing
* Performs routine daily Banking Center activities, which includes
balancing the Banking Center vault and completing miscellaneous
* Responsible for opening and/or closing the Banking Center.
* Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
* Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
regulations; and Northeast Bank policies and procedures.
* Participates in other activities as directed.
* Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations required
by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: .
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 1-2 years of experience in banking, insurance, retail services,
hospitality, or other related field.
* Thoroughness and strict attention to detail.
* Excellent mathematical skills.
* Competence with computers and other office machinery.
* Proficient alpha/numeric data entry skills.
* Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information
retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and
* Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as
* Ability to make sound decisions, which may include on-the-spot
decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer
satisfaction issues with the Bank's exposure to loss or fraud and
the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
* Have perspective - capable of relating to individuals at all
levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must
be sensitive to the Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and
the public image.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods
* Must have the ability to travel to support multiple banking
centers with a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
* Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
* Consistently operates a computer and other office equipment such
as calculator, copy machine and printers.
* Climate controlled general office setting with moderate noise
* Work unpredictable hours including Saturday.
* Must express or exchange ideas with co-workers, customers and
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
national original, veteran status and any other classification
protected by Law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Northeast Bancorp, Portland , Float Teller Per Diem, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!