Personal Support Specialist (PSS)- on the job training provided!
Posted on: January 26, 2023
This position offers a sign-on bonus of up to $1,500, flexible
hours, a great working environment and excellent benefits!Avesta
Housing is seeking a PSS to work at our assisted living residence,
75 State Street. No previous experience necessary as we provide on
the job training to help you receive your PSS certification! We
offer flexible work schedules, competitive benefits, a positive
work environment and opportunities for growth. Our team is
dedicated to supporting one another and providing our residents
with sincere and thoughtful care. Come join us at Avesta Housing to
obtain the work/life balance you have been searching for!Come find
out what makes 75 State Street so special!Located in the historic
West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a
nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that
includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to
promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older
people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs
and services in an urban, residential setting.POSITION SUMMARY: The
role of Personal Support Specialist (PSS) is to provide high
quality care to the residents of the facility that is consistent
with procedures outlined by Health Services and the mission of 75
State Street. Duties include: personal care, assistance with
activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of
daily living (IADL).Position Type: Full-time, Part-time, Per
DiemShift: Days, EveningsThis position is eligible for evening and
weekend shift differentials!ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct resident care including assistance with bathing,
dressing, ambulation, transferring, and other physical and personal
- Observe, report, and document changes in resident behavior and
general condition. Maintain accurate medical records which includes
height, weight, vital signs, ADL, and IADL.
- Ensure protection of residents and preservation of their
rights; comply with Mandatory Reporting to Adult Protective
- Provide a safe environment for residents, which includes:
providing the appropriate support in event of an emergency,
maintaining a clean environment and sanitary equipment, and
ensuring adequate supplies.
- Provide assistance with equipment (i.e..: walkers, canes, etc.)
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant
HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Follow established safety procedures and report safety hazards
- Assist other nursing staff as necessary.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning.
- Assistance with residents' snacks and meals in accordance with
practice or procedures.
- Assist with resident activities.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect,
support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street
community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas,
perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse
and inclusive community.
- Remain at the facility until a replacement arrives or to cover
additional shifts when necessary.
- Attend all mandatory in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care
environment preferred but not required.
- Valid CPR certification, or ability to obtain within one year
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to
communicate effectively to residents, family, staff, and outside
facilities and vendors.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with
dignity and respect.
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive,
Keywords: Avesta, Portland , Personal Support Specialist (PSS)- on the job training provided!, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!