Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Portland, ME
Company: Badger Daylighting Corp
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Description Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger
Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX: BDGI), is North Americas
largest provider of non-destructive excavating services and a
leader in the hydro-excavation industry! Badger manufactures and
designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity
to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing
and future design and manufacturing processes. We are always
seeking dedicated and talented people to join ourteam! Visit for
details.We are seeking experienced Assistant Hydrovac Operators to
operate our purpose built commercial Hydrovac System alongside a
Hydrovac Operator.Salary: Union wages and benefits to be discussed
directly with the Branch Manager.
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours
averaging between 40-60 hours weekly depending on slow and peak
seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the
truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and
general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and to
demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always
completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Must be able to follow direction and work both independently
and as part of a team.
- Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and
time and attendance.
- Properly document all Company, Government and Customer
paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear
and legible manner.Qualifications
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant
does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for
computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course
within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the
- Experience in a labor-intensive position and working outside in
all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
- Mechanical inclination is an asset.
- Capable of working variable shifts with extended hours.
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside
in all types of weather conditions.Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended
periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for
some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary
platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
shifts.Candidates will be required to successfully complete
pre-employment screening, which may include criminal background
check, MVR history and a drug test.This position is in a region
that is covered under a collective bargaining agreement; the
successful applicant may be required to join the union as a
condition of employment.Why Apply at Badger?
- Safety is a top priority at Badger. All operators receive
extensive computer based and on the job training during the first 3
months of employment.Thank you for your interest in this position.
Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Badger Daylighting Corp, Portland , Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Portland, ME, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!