Company: Cumberland County Government
Posted on: November 18, 2023
JOB PURPOSE: - Provides support for the Cumberland County
Sheriff's Office and other Law Enforcement in researching of Inmate
telephone calls. - Assists the Administrative Lieutenant with
background checks of prospective employees and Corrections
investigations. - This position is 40 hours per week, with a full
benefits package. - Pay is commensurate with experience, with a
range of $30.57-$32.43 per hour. - -Applicants must be authorized
to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or
take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this
- Graduate of MCJA Basic Police School or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree in criminal
justice or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in law enforcement required;
at least two years' experience in police investigations
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
will be considered. - -MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides law enforcement agencies phone recordings or
E-messages for investigative purposes. - Tracks the release of
recordings and e-messages through internal reporting software.
- Provides Internal Affairs, CID and Jail Operations with
necessary phone recordings and E-messaging.
- Maintains and updates a list of attorneys that are registered
in the inmate telephone recording system to ensure privileged calls
are not recorded.
- Writes investigative and internal reports using agency CAD
system and organizes and prepares case files.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, establishing personal networks, and
participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Supports the county's safety and health policies by attending
required safety training programs and reporting all accidents and
suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in
training, participating on county task forces and performing other
responsibilities as assigned.
- Assists the Administrative Lieutenant in quality and timely
background investigations of potential employee and volunteer
applications, when necessary.
- Assists the Administrative Lieutenant by conducting
administrative investigations into allegations of employee
misconduct, when necessary.
- Conducts investigations into criminal acts committed within the
Jail and refers cases to the District Attorney or other prosecuting
authority. - Shares information/intelligence gathered to other law
enforcement agencies when appropriate. - Coordinates and ensures
the custody and control of all evidence that is obtained in jail
- Conducts all PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act)
- Serves inmates with court paperwork, including Protection from
Abuse/Harassment Orders and criminal summons.
- Reports directly to the Administrate Lieutenant regarding all
activities by providing a monthly report of the activities.
- Appear and testify at any internal hearings or criminal
proceedings, as necessary.
- Aids outside agencies, county detectives and legal team with
the preparation of reports and collection of pertinent materials
with regards to any civil and criminal litigation cases against the
department. - Additionally, organizes and arranges proffer meetings
between inmates, attorneys, and law enforcement.
- Maintain working knowledge of criminal law as well as agency
policies and procedures.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
situation dictates.Cumberland County offers an excellent and
comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and
dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged
employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing
employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly
workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for
success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and
professional development and training opportunities.This position
is 40 hours per week, with a full benefits package. - Pay is
commensurate with experience, with a range of $30.57-$32.43 per
hour.Position will remain open until filled. - Please note,
applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment
Visa at this time.Cumberland County is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.Powered by
Keywords: Cumberland County Government, Portland , Administrative Investigator, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!