Company: Northern Maine Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The coding process consists of accessing HIPPA compliant medical
records from a number of different systems, evaluating the medical
records, and assigning CPT & ICD-9-CM codes for professional
services. The coder ensures that all contact with the public, the
providers, and other office/hospital personnel are carried out in a
friendly, courteous, helpful, and considerate manner.
- Strong understanding of evaluation and management codes.
- Understands current regulatory coding requirements.
- Make independent decisions based on specialized knowledge.
- Apply standard protocol to CPT coding standards and
- Post coded charges.
- Requires telephone etiquette and email correspondence with
- Work effectively with others as a team member.
- Works collaboratively with all NMMC departments.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work not listed herein but deemed in the best
interest of the organization.
- Works as a member of the NMMC team to help reinforce a culture
of safety within the Department and organization wide.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum requirements are 2 years in the medical field.
Certification in Professional Coding (CPC) or equivalent
certification (or in the process of obtaining certification).
- Good oral and written communication.
- Computer literate.
- Strong systems background is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize workload. Maintain high standard of work
even under pressure of deadline and interruptions.
- Must have proficiency with data entry. WORKER TRAITS:
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to communicate with
staff, physicians, patients, and others.
- Must be able to demonstrate teamwork.
- Numerical ability is required to prepare reports.
- Verbal ability is required to answer telephone, initiate
correspondences, and understand medical and insurance terms.
- Motor coordination and finger dexterity required for operating
- Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions in various details
of the job.
- Effective communication skills are essential when exchanging
Keywords: Northern Maine Medical Center, Portland , MP Coder, Other , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!