Company: Maine Eye Center
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Maine Eye is growing and hiring for a variety of positions
including Ophthalmic Technicians!---Maine Eye is northern New
England's largest practice of eye physicians and surgeons. An
Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for gathering a patient's
medical history and performing visual screening/diagnostic testing
prior to the doctor's visit with a patient. The technician will
ensure that the exam rooms are cleaned between patients and will
facilitate smooth patient flow.We are hiring for Full Time and Part
Ideal candidates have prior experience in the ophthalmic/medical
field and/or 1-2 years of experience working with service industry.
Current CPR certification and Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)
or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) are preferred but not
- Knowledge of medical terminology anatomy and physiology of the
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to establish, and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and possess
- Professional communication with internal and external contacts
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced, multi-tasking
environment is essential.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Capture ocular and systemic history and accurately record
- Perform essential diagnostic tests such as visual acuity, pupil
assessment, gross external exam, basic manual lensometry, (single
vision, multifocal, and progressive lenses) stereo testing, color
vision testing with color plates, visual field testing by
confrontation, EOMs, angle assessment, Goldmann Applanation and
Tonopen tonometry, BAT, administer of topical ophthalmic medication
or oral medications under the direction of the Physician etc.
- Administer diagnostic tests
- Assist with in-office procedures ensuring proper informed
consent is obtained, set up and clean up room from procedures.
- Assist with patient education.
- Instruct the patient regarding testing procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and keeps equipment in order within the
exam rooms during the workday.
- May assist in providing training to other ophthalmic personnel,
- May function as a scribe for the ophthalmologist.
- May assist with laser and ophthalmic procedures in the minor
- Perform other tasks as required.
Benefits for Full Time employees (waiting periods may apply)
- No weekends
- 10 paid holidays and accrued vacation/sick time
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life/AD&D/STD insurance
- Employee discounts on optical and contact lens purchases
- 401k plan with 5% employer match and profit sharing
Keywords: Maine Eye Center, Portland , Ophthalmic Technician, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!