Maintenance Utility Person
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you searching for a long-term position with a strong company
offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities
necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the skill-set to
succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing
Fortune 500 Company! Job Responsibilities: Summary - This role will
assist with maintaining location building and equipment systems by
performing assigned tasks such as, but not limited to; plant
production utility functions, basic maintenance functions, loading
and unloading shipments and deliveries, painting, powered
industrial truck / lift operation, plant cleaning / blowdowns, and
operating Company vehicles. Job Details:
- Uses common tools to perform plant cleaning operations,
including but not limited to: floor scrubbers, lint and dust
removal devices, outside rubbish removal, equipment cleaning, and
pit / trench screen cleaning.
- Performs miscellaneous painting tasks within the plant or
outside painting on the facilities and grounds.
- Operates powered industrial forklifts / lifts throughout the
facilities to assist in relocating materials.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks making deliveries or
- Assists with production receiving activities.
- May perform various levels of facilities upkeep including
landscaping, snow removal, and other refuse removal.
- After appropriate training; performs light equipment
maintenance tasks such as filter cleaning and replacement, trench
screen cleaning, lint and dust blowdown of facilities and
equipment, fluid level checks, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile
replacement, cart cleaning and repair, and pressure washing.
- Upon proper training and certification, may be called upon to
operate Company vehicles such as shuttle trucks or route trucks.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work independently with little or no
- Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment
(forklifts, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts) and other similar tools
- Experience using basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret procedures and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from co-workers and managers. About UniFirst: UniFirst is
one of North America's largest workwear and textile service
companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing, and
custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in diverse
industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus , Respect for Others
, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst successful
since 1936. Join the team that puts customers and your future first
- UniFirst. We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50
items with the following benefits highlighted:--- 401K with Company
match--- Profit Sharing--- Health Insurance--- Life Insurance---
Supplemental Life Insurance--- Long Term Disability--- Employee
Assistance Programs--- Vacation--- Sick Time--- Paid Holidays---
Direct Payroll Deposit--- Tuition Reimbursement--- 30% Employee
Discount on UniFirst products--- Employee Referral Program UniFirst
is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring
or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color,
gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or
any other factor protected by anti-discrimination lawsUniFirst is
an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the application process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us
know the nature of your request.
Keywords: UniFirst, Portland , Maintenance Utility Person, Professions , Portland, Maine
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!